News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HxC arrived today - got some questions!

Started by TheBuff1, 18:55, 12 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuff1

So I decided to get an SD HxC Floppy Emulator which arrived today yay :D

I've been reading the guide on here and the online documentation and was hoping for some help regarding setting it up as I'm a bit useless with these sort of things and am worried I will mess it up!

I have got hold of the version which comes in a case as well as a ribbon cable to connect it externally to my 6128 and a power cable from ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMSTRAD-SPECTRUM-3-KIT-RIBBON-CABLE-AND-POWER-CABLE-FOR-3-5-DRIVE-OR-HxC-EMU-/111679536733?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1a009e7e5d

I've read that I could potentially damage the emulator when connecting the power cable so my question is (a stupid one I know!) which way round do I connect it? Should the two wires be nearest the jumpers??

Regarding the jumpers - as I want to connect it externally how do I set them? I'm a little confused as all of the pictures online show the version without the case which is slightly laid out slightly differently!

Apologies for these stupid questions but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to tech so I appreciate your patience!

Thanks in advance!