News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for a modded scart cable

Started by ComSoft6128, 13:48, 25 March 21

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Hi,

I'm looking for a scart cable for a 6128 Plus that ends in two connectors - a Din connector for the video output of the Plus and a 3.5 mm jack for the audio output of the 6128 that sits beside the Plus. If you can provide one please let me know the price.

Thanks,

Peter

ComSoft6128

Might have helped if I had mentioned I'm looking to pay £25 plus postage for it ;D

tjohnson

Do you want one with the 8 pin din that goes from the plus to a TV, but with 3.5mm for audio instead of having it coming from the Din socket?

ComSoft6128

Animalgril987

Can I ask why? The 3.5mm jack is connected internally to the DIN audio pins, so it's the same L and R signals coming out of both.

ComSoft6128

Hi,

The Plus will output the video component and the 6128 will be used for the audio side of things - EG most slideshows from the 80's/90's have no audio so in effect are "silent movies" (Yawn) so a little music may be enhance them. Music from the 6128 will not be synchronised with the video component and will be just a backing track.

Animalgril987

ComSoft6128

Courtesy of @tjohnson it looks like I'll be getting my hands on one in the near future and I'll see how it goes then :)