My cpc 464 runs every cassette but it loads nothing

Started by ANASTASIOS, 21:52, 19 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ANASTASIOS

Can someone help me with this?I put the cassette in the deck.I do all the appropriate procedure.The cassette works but it seems that it can't read what is in the cassette.All the cassettes are original with games.

TFM

What kind of appropriate procedure do you use? Provide details, else it will be hard to help.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

One of these might help (from the AA Covertape Pages):

QuoteClean the tape heads. This can be done with any commercially available cleaning kit. Alternatively use a cotton bud soaked in alcohol. Gently rub the surface of the heads and pinch roller to remove that layer of accumulated grume.

QuoteAdjust the cassette recorder's head alignment. The alignment screw is located just to the left of the tape head, and is usually accessible through a small hole. Rotate it a fraction at a time with a jeweller's screwdriver. When the crispest sound is heard, the alignment is spot on.

Usually the later is what was what I had to do to get the tapes loading again.

Or:

QuoteSometimes the tape spools can jam or stick at a critical moment. Check the spools in your cassette rotate freely, if necessary giving the casing a slight tap against a table edge just to make sure.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Hello,

Not sure what you mean by "it can't read what is in the cassette". Please try to explain with more details what happens --does it throw errors? Does it do nothing at all? Does the program load but not run?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:57, 20 October 15
Hello,

Not sure what you mean by "it can't read what is in the cassette". Please try to explain with more details what happens --does it throw errors? Does it do nothing at all? Does the program load but not run?

I don't know, when I read it, it sounded like everything was working, apart from the computer receiving the data correctly. Sounds like Head Alignment is out, but grime on the heads might do the same thing.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Well, if the head is out of alignment then the computer *is* receiving the data but just can't interpret them, I'd say...