News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NEC Multisync LCD 1970NXp to CPC

Started by VincentGR, 12:58, 14 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentGR

So I have this 15KHz friendly monitor with two inputs, vga and dvi.
On the vga I've connected successfully my Amiga and most of the resolutions work OK like productivity mode and pal/ntsc.
Pal has some issues while it's cropped a bit and there is no way to fix that even in the hidden factory menu but I can deal with it as most games are not fullscreen.

I want to connect my CPC too so I wonder if this is possible and how to wire it correctly.
Also will it need extra voltage?

Thanks.

VincentGR

Bryce

Already being discussed here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/connecting-a-cpc-to-a-15khz-vga-monitor/msg155525/#msg155525

Take the VGA connections from the diagram in that thread and the CPC pinout from the monitor socket. You just need to connect R,G,B,Sync and Ground.

Bryce.

VincentGR

Well that was my first guide with no success, I wired it to match the first model but nothing appeared :-/

Bryce

Do you have a link to any documentation for the monitor?

Bryce.

Bryce

That monitor won't sync below 31.5kHz, so there's no chance of it working with the CPC (15kHz).

Bryce.

VincentGR

But my Amiga displays PAL and NTSC games  :o

Bryce

Quote from: VincentGR on 13:49, 17 April 18
But my Amiga displays PAL and NTSC games  :o

Possibly using the dblPAL and dblNTSC modes? (Oops, outing myself as an Amiga hardware guy now :D )

Bryce.

VincentGR

No Bryce, I've tested with an A500 and a floppy only.

Bryce

Strange. Are you sure that that's the correct datasheet you've linked to? NEC do make another monitor that syncs to 15kHz.

Bryce.

VincentGR

Dunno mate, I've just searched the name  :-X
The only problem with this is that PAL screenmodes are cropped a bit down if they are full screen and nothing else.

eto

A bit outdated but maybe helpful for others:

While this monitor is known to support 15.6kHz modes on the Atari ST and Amiga, it doesn't work on the CPC.

Tested with:1970NXp , Atari ST, colour modes: works fine
1970NXp, CPC 6128, no display
1970NXp, 6128 plus, no display

As a comparison, the CPC works with the Benq 702A
BENQ 702a, Atari ST, colour modes: work "OK"
BENQ 702a, CPC 6128, works fine
BENQ 702a, 6128 plus, works fine

So unfortunately this is not the perfect LCD for retro fans as I hoped...