News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New 664 in house - black screen.

Started by SerErris, 18:02, 13 December 23

Previous topic - Next topic

SerErris

Today I disassembled the Keyboard and get it a good cleaning.

I also ordered a new membrane and put it in. 

But now I am struggeling - in general the keyboard works great. But Keys ESC 1 2 and Q behave strange.

If I press ESC I also Q comes out. If I press 1, 2 is getting pressed as well and if I press 2, sometimes ESC is also triggert.

Q has no side effect. 

Struggeling to see the pattern here. 

Any ideas welcome.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Rabs

Quote from: SerErris on 18:54, 21 December 23Today I disassembled the Keyboard and get it a good cleaning.

I also ordered a new membrane and put it in.

But now I am struggeling - in general the keyboard works great. But Keys ESC 1 2 and Q behave strange.

If I press ESC I also Q comes out. If I press 1, 2 is getting pressed as well and if I press 2, sometimes ESC is also triggert.

Q has no side effect.

Struggeling to see the pattern here.

Any ideas welcome.
Check the resistance across the key contacts. I had to very very carefully scrape the top of the contact to reduce the resistance.

Audronic

Quote from: Rabs on 19:06, 21 December 23Check the resistance across the key contacts. I had to very very carefully scrape the top of the contact to reduce the resistance.

Only on the rubber contacts on the PLUNGER not the membrame

Good luck
 That fault could also be the AY----- chip

Keep Safe

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

SerErris

The only question I have regarding the plunger is: 

I did not have this behaviour before I changed the membrane and cleaned the keyboard. So could it be, that something is maybe sitting under the membrane and is actually pressing it to close to the plungers? 

Looks like I do need to disable the keyboard again :-( ..

Need to wait for next year.

But good news is: The drive works like a charm :-)
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.