HXC Floppy Emulator on a 6128 - Cannot get it working at all, please help????

Started by funkybongo, 15:44, 20 December 14

Previous topic - Next topic

funkybongo

Hi all, I 've tried connecting up my HXC Floppy emulator, version  REV C 100910 and I have the cables and everything connected properly, yet I am just getting the error message drive a disc missing?  Any ideas please?

red line on cable is on right coming out of 6128, left switch down, right switch up and the red line is on left hand side going into HXC and my pin jumpers are as was sent, first two rows of 3 pins empty, 3rd set top one empty, bottom two have jumper in and 4th set has top two pins with jumper in and bottom one empty

My sd card has all of the correct loader files on but yet i cannot get it to work? any ideas please? ??? ?

Thanks ALASTAIR

Neil79

Here's one I found on the net, are the pins set up like this?
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Bryce

I assume you have then chosen a valid HFE file (that contains a valid DSK file) from the SD card before you did "CAT" ?

It's also difficult to see exactly how your flat cable is connected. It looks like you are connected to the internal header of the 6128?

Bryce.

funkybongo

awesome guys, thanks so much removed one jumper, resent all cables and it's booted up, you have all made my xmas, have a wonderful xmas and new year also ;-)

Alastair

Bryce

seanb

If I can hijack this thread I'm having a problem getting my Xmas present working on my 6128+.
I can load games if I use just the hxc, going through each file one by one using the lcd screen, but if I try to use the software I can load a file into a slot but then when I try to load the software nothing works.
Running cat stalls until I select the autoboot file on the hxc itself.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried looking for a solution but help for the hxc is thin on the ground
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

seanb

I got it working. Wrong jumper setting.
that's what i get for trying to set it up in a dimly lit room.
Alls working now :) time to play some samantha fox strip poker.

If only I knew how to play poker

Gryzor

Don't worry, I'm sure lots of us learned poker through 8- and 16-bit strip versions :D

seanb

Well it turns out I'm as bad at poker now as the last time I tried to play poker 20 years ago.
thought I would've got better over time.
I'll never see Samantha Fox without her clothes now.

Gryzor

Yes, indeed, that one was her one and only appearance...:(

Well, you can always try Teenage Queen (but watch out for her shameless bluffing every few hands!)