News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

please help, I've made a terrible mistake!

Started by Sleazy, 19:23, 16 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

I don't like to see retro computers abandoned just because they are broken.

Bryce.

VincentGR

I am interested for the case/keyboard&tape deck if you are selling them  ;D

Sleazy

Once my replacement has arrived I'll be offering it up on here - wanna wait to see condition of replacement first.

Sleazy

So replacement turned up.....

and it doesnt work! just a blank screen (power light comes on and monitor recognises input but nothing displayed).

I'm not having much luck.

Carnivius

Aw no.  :(

Also, strange place to keep your razor blades.  Don't do anything silly.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Bryce

Time to send BOTH PCBs over to me I suspect :(

Bryce.

Sleazy

Quote from: Carnivac on 13:16, 24 April 15
Aw no.  :(

Also, strange place to keep your razor blades.  Don't do anything silly.

Lol, I had been sorting through the cupboards in my spare room when the parcel was delivered - there was rubbish everywhere - I dont even know where the blades came from - I use an electric shaver.

TFM

Nothing beats real blades  8)  ... therefore I gave up shaving...  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Best thing I've ever tried - double-edged Mercury safety razor. The old, traditional ones with the single, replaceable blade. Also: Super Iridium blade. Made in St Petersburg, blow everything else out of the water.

Off topic is off topic.

TFM

Sorry for offtopic too, but isn't is called 'terrible mistake'. While shaving this 'terrible mistakes can happen of course. So, I never heart about Iridium blades, but that sounds really awesome!  :)  Thanks for the hint!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:05, 25 April 15
Best thing I've ever tried - double-edged Mercury safety razor. The old, traditional ones with the single, replaceable blade. Also: Super Iridium blade. Made in St Petersburg, blow everything else out of the water.

Off topic is off topic.

So why don't you use them? You were half / not shaved any time I met you :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Bryce

Gryzor

Sleazy

So third cpc arrived today.. This time with a colour monitor.

It's missing the left shift key and the numeric  0. No problem I thought,  I have 2 donors here.

The first cpc is the smaller mobo later revision and the second is the earlier big mobo. Both have sprung keys.

This new cpc is actually different to both! It's keys are not sprung and the keyboard is hardwired rather than the thin ribbon of the other two. The mobo says 1983 rather than 1984.

At first the broken shift was constantly on so I had to remove the presser bit.  The Cpc is totally usable but isn't as pretty as I'd like.

How difficult is it to get keys that match? 

On the plus side I can now play Rainbow Islands rather than Greenhow Islands!

Bryce

So the broken keyboard has "High" keys and a real connector to the PCB instead of flat cable? It must be a very early CPC. Getting those keys will be difficult, but you might be able to use the top half (keys and plastic frame) of one of the working/complete keyboards with the PCB of the old keyboard?

Bryce.

Edit: Ask Gryzor if you can have some of his fridge magnets. (He'll know what that means :D )

Sleazy

Finally managed to get the last missing pieces and my 464 is now perfect.

Got them off a fella on Facebook who seems to fix cpcs as well as other systems.  Wonder if he is a member here?

EgoTrip

What's that monstrosity doing next to the CPC monitor? I suppose it could be worse, its only a monitor. Could be connected to an actual C64.

VincentGR

Quote from: EgoTrip on 16:58, 19 May 15
What's that monstrosity doing next to the CPC monitor? I suppose it could be worse, its only a monitor. Could be connected to an actual C64.

hahahahaha
actually this is one of the best monitors  ;D

Sleazy

It's usually connected to an A600 or Cd32.  It is a nice monitor.  I got it for nowt last year off a mate who found it in his garage.