Remote line on DIY 6128+ tape socket not working (maybe?)

Started by Cwiiis, 21:36, 15 June 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Cwiiis

I've followed the wiki page and added a tape socket to my 6128+ - it seems to work fine, but though I hear the relay clicking when I expect, if I plug the remote line into the tape deck I have, it disables playback entirely. Is this indicative of any obvious wiring mistakes? Is there something I can scope to check if I have it right?

I've attached pictures, but they may not be too clear... If I need to deconstruct it I will, but I'd like to know what I'm looking for first :)

Maniac

Is the relay wired the right way round? Remote is obviously supposed to stop the tape when not being used. It only opens the relay when you type start loading and press any key. Otherwise it shouldn't be running. Is it working the other way?

Sorry I know the above is obvious but worth a mention just in case.

Cwiiis

Quote from: Maniac on 08:45, 16 June 22Is the relay wired the right way round? Remote is obviously supposed to stop the tape when not being used. It only opens the relay when you type start loading and press any key. Otherwise it shouldn't be running. Is it working the other way?

Sorry I know the above is obvious but worth a mention just in case.

At the moment, it acts as if it's never opened - would that be the consequence of it being the wrong way round? I'll try to double check...

Cwiiis

Ok, after much resoldering and testing it turns out it was just a bad joint 😛 All good now, thanks!

mrbee

Hello, I am trying to do this exact mod and create a simple guide on the process for anyone looking into it themselves.
But I am having some difficulty in understanding the guide, I have had some help with Bryce on here in the forums but as you have done the mod am just wondering if you could share some info with me.

I am trying to get as much info as i can, and am looking at your pictures as well to figure out how to wire it all up to the din socket and the relay.
In the guide there are two versions of the pinout  if you see my pictures here https://imgur.com/gallery/gAZr9TP you can see the tape socket guide is having the cp07 pins in one arrangement, and then the guide for the mod shows a different pinout. So am not sure which one to follow, and then to connect it to the relay as well, how to connect the diode and where each wire would connect to the back of the din socket!

I am looking to have a din socket and also a line in so it can receive audio from a device, or a cassette data recorder that can control the start/stop. I am looking to then make a 3d printed bracket that the din socket and relay would sit in, and it would fit into the case of the 6128 plus nice and firm. Any info you have would be much appreciated!