News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Simple tape input for 6128 plus!

Started by lordoftime, 16:16, 01 April 20

Previous topic - Next topic

lordoftime

Hi there, i really want to load my tapes into the 6128plus and i know there is a mod using diodes and relays... however i dont have diodes or relays please tell me there is a basic way of doing this? I have various resistors and other components just no diodes and relays and with the corona i really want to make this happen with parts i have to hand?

Bryce

The relay and probably the diode (if it's the one connected across the relay) are only required to turn the cassette motor on and off. If you can live with hitting play / pause yourself, then you don't need them.

Bryce.

lordoftime

ok so what would happen if i just hooked up the tape in and tape out and nothing else? anything at all? would it damage anything? I mean bare bones not even the transistor

Bryce

It would work fine and wouldn't cause any damage. The transistor (and resistor) are only there to turn on the relay.

Bryce.

lordoftime

Thank you so much - did the mod last night took me a bout half an hour and it works perfectly, once i set my tapedeck volume right it loaded paperboy, wonderboy and dragonninja with no problems at all... on the subject of tapes is there a way of copying them to disk I curently have the c4cpc and was wondering if maybe there is a dumper rom i can tun on there to dump a tape to disk?

Bryce

Yes, but it's easier to just find the disk version online.

Bryce.

trocoloco

Quote from: lordoftime on 11:40, 11 April 20
I curently have the c4cpc and was wondering if maybe there is a dumper rom i can tun on there to dump a tape to disk?

There are many games converted to .cpr that you could directly use with your c4cpc  in this thread

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg98863/#msg98863

kawickboy

Duchet Computers was about to sell a such hardware.
Does anyone know how to contact them ?

I found this.

http://www.near.co.uk/2607686-Duchet-Computer-Services/