News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC2VGA

Started by eto, 12:26, 03 December 23

Previous topic - Next topic

nikos_a

Quote from: eto on 08:45, 02 March 24
Quote from: dodogildo on 16:54, 01 March 24Wow! Thanks to you I googled and discovered their store. What a great selection of hardware!!
I've been seeking CSync2HVSync – Sync converter for a while, with no luck.
Cheers
The one from Arananet seems to require that the monitor provides the power. If there is no power coming from the monitor (which e.g. the NEC 1970NXp does not do), the adapter will not split the sync signal.
In that case, what will be the output (if any)? I tried a Microvitec CRT and it worked fine. Then I also tried to connect the CPC to a Commodore 1940 and the image was not stable as seen in the video.

eto

Quote from: nikos_a on 16:52, 04 March 24In that case, what will be the output (if any)? I tried a Microvitec CRT and it worked fine. Then I also tried to connect the CPC to a Commodore 1940 and the image was not stable as seen in the video.
The CPCs' sync signal is a composite sync signal and the Arananet adapter circuit is done in a way that it always routes the CPCs sync to H-sync, even if the IC is not powered. If the monitor accepts composite sync on H-Sync (which many VGA monitors do) then the adapter just acts like a simple passive adapter. That's as good as soldering a monitor connector to a VGA cable like this: 

I own the Arananet adapter myself and it e.g. doesn't work with the Nec 1970NXp, as it doesn't accept composite sync.

dodogildo

I received my Arananet adapter today and I can now confirm that it works wonderfully. 

M'enfin!