News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Video Display Issues

Started by KANDYMAN-IAC, 06:26, 01 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

KANDYMAN-IAC

Howdy, I got my first ever 464 just before Christmas from Audronic. (A friend of mine bought it for me but tricked me into collecting me thinking it was for something else... so I got to be my own Santa delivery service.)

Everything appears to be working wonderfully.

I have the standard Amstrad monochrome green monitor, and have also soldered together my own RGB cable to attach to my commodore 1084 (not S or D just stock 1084).

The image colours are amazing but on the colour cable I'm getting what feels like odd bleed together. For example please see the photos.

Monochrome:

Colour as it is now:

Colour as it is now:

Wiring guide used:

How it was when I tested it the first time:

There was a soft bleed to the edges, but now the pixels have merged together. Is the issue I'm looking at in the monitor? Or is it in the AMSTRAD? And how would I look at rectifying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KANDYMAN-IAC

Troubleshooting my own issue.

It seems that if I place a resistor on the hand wire it actually starts to clear up the image.

So is this a voltage issue for the RGB signal from the Amstrad?

The best pixel definition comes from using the two 330Rs in series, BUT there is TINY flicker to the refresh. Hmmmmm.

Anyone know what my best course of action is, or if I'm on the right path here?

KANDYMAN-IAC

Oops read my resister codes wrong. The 200R resistors are only 100R each.

Found my 200R resistors.

One 330R and one 200R in series removes the bleed, with no refresh issues.

What would be the cause of the original problem?

KANDYMAN-IAC

tjohnson

Looks exactly the same to me :)

KANDYMAN-IAC

The lettering was bled together.... For example: There was no separation between them legs of the lower case "m"

KANDYMAN-IAC

The lettering was bled together.... For example: There was no separation between them legs of the lower case "m"

Audronic

@KANDYMAN-IAC

"It seems that if I place a resistor on the hand wire it actually starts to clear up the image."
Hand Wire ?

? where did you put the resistor/s ?
From where to where ?

Thanks.   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

KANDYMAN-IAC

Sorry GROUND, my phone autocorrected to hand.

So that would mean that it's acting as a pull down resistor? Pulling the voltage down to ground?

Again I'm curious if this is nature issue with the difference in the two manufacturers. Between Amstrad and Commodore. Or if there is a fault I need to investigate in my monitor or 464.

Btw Audronic. Thank you. I love this machine. It's been a great Christmas present.

Ps. Cassette line in converter seems to work perfectly. And I even made my own gamepad from scratch.