Wanted Photo of Boot up screen of a 464 with ddi and fd1 standard rom Please

Started by Audronic, 05:38, 25 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

Hi All

Wanted Photo of Boot up screen of a 464 with ddi-1 and fd-1 with a Standard Rom Please.

Thanks     Ray

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

There's no difference, the boot screen doesn't change when a DDI-1 / FD-1 is connected.

Bryce.

Audronic

@Bryce

Thanks I only have a 464 DDI-1 FD-1 with Parados.
and the Parados banner comes up under the normal wake up screen.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

I only remember this because as a kid my DDI-1 had a very dodgy expansion connection and when booting you only knew if the DDI-1 had connected properly when you typed |Disc and hoped not to get an error.  :)

Bryce.

PulkoMandy

Just disconnect your DDI-1, and take the picture. As Bryce said, it looks exactly the same, the AMSDOS ROM does not print anything at init.

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: BryceI only remember this because as a kid my DDI-1 had a very dodgy expansion connection and when booting you only knew if the DDI-1 had connected properly when you typed |Disc and hoped not to get an error.

Sadly I can confirm this is the case, as I have this problem to this day. Sometimes I feel like I spend more time connecting and disconnecting my disk drive (and the memory expansion block, to be honest) than actually using the bloody thing. :(

pmeier

My memory expansion stopped working one day. So you say I should have disconnected/connected it even more often???
But I threw it away, thought it was dead  :doh:

Zoe Robinson

A lot of the time it's just dust/dirt/gunk on the connections that prevent the device from working. I've taken to irregular cleaning with electrical contact cleaner, to maintain a decent connection.