News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

the best game of amstrad cpc ¿=?

Started by Ignudi, 21:11, 22 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignudi

the best  game  of  amstrad cpc  ¿=?

Thank you!!!

MacDeath

one does not simply flip upside down the question, Mark ?

And I actually hope this "best" game is yet to come...

Bryce

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:32, 23 June 15
one does not simply flip upside down the question, Mark ?

You do if you're Spanish. :)

Bryce.

McKlain

arnoldemu

Quote from: Ignudi on 21:11, 22 June 15
the best  game  of  amstrad cpc  ¿=?

Thank you!!!
Many good games.

Renegade,
Relentless
Orion Prime
Gryzor
Bubble Bobble (remake)
Star Sabre

there are more but my memory fails me.

Try these and the new ones in the past few years and decide which you think is the best :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

EgoTrip

CraigsBar

Pang, elite, smash tv, Manchester united Europe, stunt car racer, rainbow islands.....
I love them all.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Morn

Difficult to pick a top game, but some of my favourites are:

Gauntlet
Turbo Esprit
Donkey Kong
Rescue on Fractalus
Sub Hunter
Pirates!
North & South
Winter Games
Chase H.Q.
Emlyn Hughes
Lemmings
Leaderboard (didn't see that one coming, did you?  :D )

And of course see Top games - CPCWiki

Carnivius

There is no best.  There are only favourites.   One game claimed 'best' by one person may be an 'unplayable mess' by another.  And yeah I have certain games in mind when typing that.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

Quote from: Carnivac on 10:16, 23 June 15
There is no best.  There are only favourites.   One game claimed 'best' by one person may be an 'unplayable mess' by another.  And yeah I have certain games in mind when typing that.
Strangely @Carnivac you intrigue me!

seanb

I'm not going to say outrun now that I've played it.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Dizrythmia

The best game is really a matter of opinion. I like platforming games whereas other people may prefer racing games or some other genre.

Some of the games that have kept me captivated over the years are:

Jack the Nipper
Turbo the Tortoise
Blues Brothers
Into the Eagles Nest
Dizzy series

TFM

Trantor, Starglider, Starfox, Hacker II, Gauntlet, Black Land, Megablasters, Orion Prime, BB4CPC (all of them are equal, not sorted in any way except my chronological memory, hehe) ... and take a look at recently released games too.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:35, 23 June 15
Trantor, Starglider, Starfox, Hacker II, Gauntlet, Black Land, Megablasters, Orion Prime, BB4CPC (all of them are equal, not sorted in any way except my chronological memory, hehe) ... and take a look at recently released games too.  :)
Let drop a vote for cyber chicken... Symbiface mouse *and* play city support. Awesome!

Oh I forgot megablasters. And I remember spending hours on end with 180 darts and Durrell turbo esprit too.

TFM

Right, oh and Thanks! Actually there are probably about 50-100 really, really great CPC games, all of top level. For example R-Type 128 KB and Rick Dangerous 128 KB, also the good old Burnin Rubber (or do Plus games not count?).  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Morn

Also, there were quite a few games that were considered the bee's knees, the llama's pyjamas or whatever in the 1980s but that haven't aged so well. Turrican, Elite, or R-Type were really hot back then but today they feel a bit "meh". That's why these Top 100 lists tend to evolve over time as perception of what a good game is changes. Something that had entertainment value and novelty in 1988 does not necessarily provide a good time in 2015.

VincentGR

Ikari Warriors
Robocop
Shinobi
Double Dragon
Target Renegade
(best versions by far from the mighty cpc )

Relentless and all the new releases thanks to the guys who try.

TFM

Regular Renegade is awesome too. Like Gryzor and Sentinel.
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Renagade is the most acheived CPC game port.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 06:31, 24 June 15
Renagade is the most acheived CPC game port.

Donkey Kong ;)

TotO

In this case... Pac-Man Emulator.  :P
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

robcfg

Trantor! The last stormtrooper. ^___^

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 19:54, 24 June 15
Trantor! The last stormtrooper. ^___^

Guess, that was the first I did remember too.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft