News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

O.k This is strange so appears C.A.C.H hacker Only adds intro and the cpc reset. :picard2:

So is posible lanuch the game normally with the .bin but.... why winape returns black screen loading  the game and works in arnold emu?.

Because i have 64k select in winape, but the games works in 664 mode in arnold emu with 64k ram. :picard2:

wtf.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 14:03, 23 October 15
O.k This is strange so appears C.A.C.H hacker Only adds intro and the cpc reset. :picard2:

So is posible lanuch the game normally with the .bin but.... why winape returns black screen loading  the game and works in arnold emu?.

Because i have 64k select in winape, but the games works in 664 mode in arnold emu with 64k ram. :picard2:

wtf.

Are you trying to do Hot-Rod ? you can just select the bin as the file name to load: nocart64 hot-rod.dsk hot-rod.cpr hot-rod.bin

I think the disk has 60 Tracks, so won't work with nocart anyway, if you try and copy the files to a 40 track disk, they won't fit.  :doh:

Maybe need to try and find a different version of the game, the original has no protection, but when you convert it to cpr, it doesn't load when you press 1, same problem as Operation Wolf.  :doh:

dragon

Yeah 60 tracks.... ¿But are really 60 traks?, or are fake 60 tracks(copy protection). :P .

I remember buy this game in  a jumble sale.

crap i like it. :) .

The breaktru have the same problem as simcity in 035D, first it send the f6c0 and don't have the C,00.

But the space to rewrite the code? I can switch the two, the problem is add he c,00. :( .

xenon

Phantomz, you're great  :) :) :)

Thanks very much! :-)

Phantomz

Quote from: xenon on 16:56, 23 October 15
Phantomz, you're great  :) :) :)

Thanks very much! :-)

You're Welcome.   :D

arnoldemu

Quote from: dragon on 14:03, 23 October 15

wtf.
Which version of arnold are you using?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

dragon

I don't know, help->about-arnold->version is in blank.

I made anohter version of simcity with the code in other site,maybe works o no.

Anyway i upload the two dsks, because the game is plus incompatibly not only gx4000 and in the computer you can save :) .

I try breaktrhu but not lucky until now.

arnoldemu

is it a version of arnold wip with the improved debugger?
My games. My Games

dragon

I not sure , i only have one version in my life. If you mean with improved made a breakpoints to memory localitation and i/o decives yes have it.

If you search feedback  he have another problems, some times it freeze booting detecting the joysticks or changue the joystick configuration. And if i press up in joystick it display up and 5 for example instead up only.

You can't modify the memory values in ram as winape can do. And when i close the debugger window to make the program run to next breakpoint all config is lost for example display only ppi values instead all i/0 devices value.or where you in ram windows etc..

And if you not have the debugger windows selected (or the screen i not remember now). The debugger not changue the registers contents in live execution made steppings.

Nornally i use the two emulators in conjuntion.

arnoldemu

Quote from: dragon on 10:29, 24 October 15
I not sure , i only have one version in my life. If you mean with improved made a breakpoints to memory localitation and i/o decives yes have it.

If you search feedback  he have another problems, some times it freeze booting detecting the joysticks or changue the joystick configuration. And if i press up in joystick it display up and 5 for example instead up only.

You can't modify the memory values in ram as winape can do. And when i close the debugger window to make the program run to next breakpoint all config is lost for example display only ppi values instead all i/0 devices value.or where you in ram windows etc..

And if you not have the debugger windows selected (or the screen i not remember now). The debugger not changue the registers contents in live execution made steppings.

Nornally i use the two emulators in conjuntion.
Thankyou for the feedback. Yes you are using the wip :)

I will check and fix all of these reported problems.

I think I have fixed 2 of these issues already.

For changing memory, click inside the memory window and type, with this you can type address to set location, type bytes to change them or ascii to change text.

I will make a new exe for you to use :)
My games. My Games

dragon

O.k i found a new mistery: :picard2:

I patched the breaktrouth add a call to a apparently not used memory(who knows wtf). to swap the oe and c0 sending to the ppi and add the validation.

It works in winape.(the normal,because we know winape not apply the asic ppi). But the mistery is, i think o.k i go open two arnold one with cpc plus and one with cpc 6128 and i compare the ppi registers in the two to try view whats is happening and was i made wrong.

And what happend?. The game not wotk in plus mode and not work in cpc 6128 mode.

So i try the original game witouth patch it

And not works in arnold emu even in 6128 mode!.
I destroyed :) . :doh:

So my patch works or not ? wtf.

Edit:I convert it to cpr, and test it with arnold emu in gx4000 mode. And the joystick works!!!.

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2: :picard2:

I need mount my gx4000.

edit2: mounted in real hardware and my patch work in gx4000. Arnold lies me  all this time!. jajajaja.

well phantom ppi is fixed you can now remmap the keys :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 13:16, 24 October 15
well phantom ppi is fixed you can now remmap the keys :).

Nice work yet again @dragon  8)

I've converted the game to cpr and it works great like you said.  :)

I've now sorted it so that the second fire button is the jump button instead of another normal fire button.

I still can't find the space button to continue at the game over screen yet, this will need remapping to joypad button 1.

dragon

i think The 20 ascii code is in 0804  And cp compare 20 with the keyboard recieved is in 01D1.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 13:23, 25 October 15
i think The 20 ascii code is in 0804  And cp compare 20 with the keyboard recieved is in 01D1.

01D1 is FE20 keyboard space to fire, 01DB is FE2E is keyboard . to Jump

this was repeated

025C was FE20 keyboard space to fire, now FE58, 0266 was FE2E for . to Jump, now FE5A

I changed 20 at 0821 to 58 for Fire 1 and changed 20 at 0822 to 5A for Fire 2, I changed 20 at 0823 to 00.

Maybe the 20 @ 0823 needs changing to 58, but I think there is another 20 for space somewhere but unsure where it is.  ???

dragon

O.K i view the original file not the yours :) .

space is in 017A

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 14:51, 25 October 15
O.K i view the original file not the yours :) .

space is in 017A

Cheers dragon  :D

When I change 20 to 58, the game just starts over, not that it's a problem, I mean the game starts straight away anyway, at least people won't get stuck at the game over screen.

I also noticed a slight screen flicker, so I've changed 7F to 58 and that sorted it.

With regards to Colony, I think some versions don't show the title screen on the 464.

dragon

PPI patch cause a litte corruption in the  upper left corner of the screen. I can't  find free space so i had to step 16bits and thats the cause of the corruption.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 18:05, 25 October 15
PPI patch cause a litte corruption in the  upper left corner of the screen. I can't  find free space so i had to step 16bits and thats the cause of the corruption.

Nice work again dragon  8)

OK I've got it sorted now    :D

COLONY

Fire Button 1 for Fire
Fire Button 2 for Mode
Pause with Console Pause Button, any button to unpause.
Abort with Joypad 2 button 1

Abort game Y / N = Console Pause Button for Yes, any button for No

seanb

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:46, 25 October 15
Cheers dragon  :D

When I change 20 to 58, the game just starts over, not that it's a problem, I mean the game starts straight away anyway, at least people won't get stuck at the game over screen.

I also noticed a slight screen flicker, so I've changed 7F to 58 and that sorted it.

" BREAK THRU " now available here and on the wiki page, I've included a poked version with infinite lives.  :D

I've included a PLUS Patched disk version here for plus users to use on disk if they wish, I've left it so you will need to press space on the game over screen, but you can now play with keyboard or joypad, button 2 is now jump.  :)

With regards to Colony, I think some versions don't show the title screen on the 464.

God I wish I knew what you knew.
Everything you do is mucho appreciated
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

seanb

And that goes to @dragon and everone else too
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 01:18, 26 October 15

God I wish I knew what you knew.
Everything you do is mucho appreciated

Cheers  ;D

I do what I can  ;) @dragon is the one that is experienced with the debugger  :)

dragon

Quote from: seanb on 01:22, 26 October 15
And that goes to @dragon and everone else too

At the finish of the day the big thanks is to arnoldemu, he created the nocart, and he created the fantastic arnold emulator. without these two things This thread probably not exist.

:).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 01:57, 26 October 15
At the finish of the day the big thanks is to arnoldemu, he created the nocart, and he created the fantastic arnold emulator. without these two things This thread probably not exist.

:).

So True!  :D

Phantomz

@dragon

I just checked out " ISS - Incredible Shrinking Sphere " that you did on the wiki page, I see you have remapped S to button 2.  :)

Do you know where the space bar is to change the plate? I can't seem to find it at the moment.

I've been working on fixing the trainer and bypassing the highscore table, I just need to find the space key to select plate on the screen you normally have to press S to start.

Cheers  :)

dragon

I look it later the colony and the iss.

Time ago i don't post here a game joystick compatible but was ppi incompatible?. Who are the name?.We need revise the thread.