News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Screen Colours wrong

Started by dance21, 13:26, 05 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dance21

Hi I've just purchased a CPC 464 as I used to covet them in my childhood would go a play on them at my Local Boots where my mum worked the problem I have when I turn the computer on the text is in yellow which I know is right but the background is black? If I use the basic command border 1 it stays black but if I type border 2 its look like the right shade of blue any ideas?

Bryce

Hi and welcome Dance21,
          Do any reds display properly?

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: dance21 on 13:26, 05 November 15
Hi I've just purchased a CPC 464 as I used to covet them in my childhood would go a play on them at my Local Boots where my mum worked the problem I have when I turn the computer on the text is in yellow which I know is right but the background is black? If I use the basic command border 1 it stays black but if I type border 2 its look like the right shade of blue any ideas?
The brightness is set too low. Turn the knob on the right side of the monitor.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

||C|-|E||

I used to program with the lowest possible brightness when I was a kid, the bright yellow against even brighter blue was killing me  :picard: . I also disliked the font, so, at some point, I made a custom one and I chose a different ink and paper color to work in Basic (in think that was grey and black).  Maybe the owner of that screen was doing the same as me before I changed the Basic a little bit  :D

dance21

I feel a bit special the brightness was to low  :-[  all fixed now

arnoldemu

Quote from: dance21 on 18:21, 05 November 15
don't worry :)

enjoy the cpc!!!!

(if the screen rolls there is a v-hold dial on the back you can turn to stabalise it).
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

Quote from: dance21 on 18:21, 05 November 15

We're all a bit special here, otherwise we wouldn't still be messing about with 80's computers. :D

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.