News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

old mode 1 slideshow wanted

Started by Ythcal, 00:00, 28 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ythcal

I'm looking for a very nice slideshow I once had on my discs (around 1990) but unfortunately erased when I needed the disc space.
Maybe someone knows its name, has it or knows where to get .dsks...

The slideshow got many still images witout any transition animations or sound. All where made in mode 1, great dithering and perfect colours, somewhat photorealistic at some pictures, but no simple digitized pix.

What I can remember are a mississippi steam boat, a German narrow-gauge steam train (with lots of steam), the head of a Rough Collie (yellow background) and some landscapes, e.g. a colorful sunset with the silhouette of a cactus.

Maybe someone can remember!? I really would like to see these again  :-\

Thanx!
Ythcal

ervin

Devilmarkus

I dont know why the Jill Lawson Slideshow has been removed from NVG and also from cpcrulez.

But who wants it:
Download
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Ythcal

That's it! Great!
Thanx!

Hm, the black steam train I remembered different... but that doesn't matter  :D

Ythcal

I found the "Electric Lantern Show" at T.A.C.G.R. (NVG).
The pix are not linked as a slideshow, but they are more than in the dsk two posts above.  :)

ivarf

Quote from: Ythcal on 10:20, 28 July 10
Hm, the black steam train I remembered different... but that doesn't matter  :D
The graphics look better on a real CPC! :)

ervin

ivarf

Quote from: ervin on 00:53, 29 July 10
The great lady herself!

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/jill.lawson/JCL/me.htm
From that page:
Life began (again) around 50:   Clifford had recently left Newcastle University and started work for Amstrad. We had a CPC 464 and he brought home a program called Screendesigner saying 'Here Mum, have a go with this'. My first effort was a copy of part of a Bruegel painting, followed by a variety of subjects like the Mona Lisa and the Tutankhamen mask. Some ingenuity was needed with only a four-colour palette, but it was a challenge and soon I was being offered work, designing loading and background screens  for computer games, and preparing promotional pictures for Amstrad. A couple of my pictures were even used on Blue Peter (yes, I got a Badge!) and Eastenders. I had a wonderful six years going to Computer Shows and meeting up with enthusiastic young men who were designing those early games and utilities on a limited budget, sometimes at home in their own bedrooms. I wonder where they all are now? If you remember that middle-aged lady at the Shows, touting her 'Amstrad pikkies' around the stands, drop me a line. Of course it couldn't last - technology moves on so quickly, and demand for my hand-drawn pictures was soon a thing of the past.

ervin

It's a great little piece of CPC history isn't it?

Gryzor

Yup! Quite touching :) Wish she had some of her work on the page...

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:54, 29 July 10
Yup! Quite touching :) Wish she had some of her work on the page...
So why didn't you read her page?
Her animated GIFs:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/jill.lawson/JCL/jillsan.htm

Her fractal page:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/jill.lawson/own-page/index.htm

And more can be found on her website, too.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Sorry - I meant her Amstrad work.