News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Scambay corner!

Started by tjohnson, 21:37, 26 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Vyper68

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:06, 03 January 18

His other auctions, too... "another world prices" :D

I know, £21 for Roland in Space is a bit ambitious. There is someone watching that Exolon auction now  :picard: :picard: :picard:
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Poliander

Quote from: Vyper68 on 11:48, 03 January 18
Seen this? £45 for a Amstrad Disk???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exolon-Hewson-Consultants-1988-Amstrad-DISK-GC-Complete/132454984492?hash=item1ed6eeab2c:g:tZwAAOSwz2tZpFGk

Yes, I see his bids regulary in my auctions when I sell single games from my collection. But he doesn't go very high :-) "another-world-games" and "abuelon" are the most expensive resalers so far. But I doubt this business model works very good, just look at what they're actually selling (in regards of CPC games)...
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

tjohnson

Quote from: Poliander on 18:14, 03 January 18
Yes, I see his bids regulary in my auctions when I sell single games from my collection. But he doesn't go very high :-) "another-world-games" and "abuelon" are the most expensive resalers so far. But I doubt this business model works very good, just look at what they're actually selling (in regards of CPC games)...
Buy cheap, try and sell high??  If you can wait long enough someone may come along who is willing to pay.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Poliander

Quote from: tjohnson on 18:28, 03 January 18
Buy cheap, try and sell high??  If you can wait long enough someone may come along who is willing to pay.

Try is the right term :-) Let them keep trying. They've won the auctions and what they do... I don't really care. They're all blacklisted on my search links, e.g. https://goo.gl/os9Dkh
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

remax

Quote from: Poliander on 18:36, 03 January 18
Try is the right term :-) Let them keep trying. They've won the auctions and what they do... I don't really care. They're all blacklisted on my search links, e.g. https://goo.gl/os9Dkh

Thanks, i steal your parameters :-D

(perhaps i will sell them for a big price  :-\ )
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

But they seem to be trying to make a profit from a market that they haven't a clue about. They rarely have anything that really is rare to offer.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Chinnery

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:39, 24 January 18
I'm assuming this version of After The War cures cancer.
It fucking better for the price they're asking for it!  :laugh:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/AFTER-THE-WAR-DINAMIC-SOFTWARE-SPAIN-1989-FLOPPY-DISK-AMSTRAD-CPC-664-6128-DISC/162792759591?hash=item25e7346127:g:j4QAAOSwHAdZug-f
Check out his shop if you want to see some REALLY inflated prices...

Shaun M. Neary

For the sake of my blood pressure, I'll pass.  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

No the cancer cure only comes with Los Templos Sagrados: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SACRED-TEMPLES-AVENTURAS-CONVERSATIONAL-AD-DINAMIC-AMSTRAD-CPC-6128-DISK-/162792828064
But the price can be justified because it's such an extremely rare game.... Oh wait, he has ELEVEN of them for sale!

Bryce.

Gryzor

I dig the cover tho!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 12:30, 24 January 18
No the cancer cure only comes with Los Templos Sagrados: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SACRED-TEMPLES-AVENTURAS-CONVERSATIONAL-AD-DINAMIC-AMSTRAD-CPC-6128-DISK-/162792828064
But the price can be justified because it's such an extremely rare game.... Oh wait, he has ELEVEN of them for sale!

Bryce.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shaun M. Neary

Gryzor

Dear gods, it's not even in English!

Shaun M. Neary

Look at the bright side... at least they'll post worldwide!  :laugh: :laugh:

SRS

Sät iss wei id iss so ixpensif, off kohrs. In se görmäny, all iss wärri matsch mohr ixpensif sän in se asser kantris !

Änd hi hät tu bring it to se poländ fürst ... wäri dängeruss ! Sink off ohl se schäferhunde ät se woll !

Gryzor

adolfo.pa

It's even better if you give that to google translate (yep, I actually thought it was swedish at first). It translates to the following in spanish:

Sede iss wei id iss soexpensif, off kohrs. En cualquier caso, todos los emisores son matemáticamente exhaustivos en su tarea.

¿Voy a llevarlo al suelo? ¡Quítate los perros de pastor Ohl!

Which means: "In any case, all transmitters are mathematically exhaustive on their job. ¿Am I going to bring it to the floor? Get off those shepper dogs Ohl!"  :laugh:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: SRS on 20:33, 21 February 18
Sät iss wei id iss so ixpensif, off kohrs. In se görmäny, all iss wärri matsch mohr ixpensif sän in se asser kantris !

Änd hi hät tu bring it to se poländ fürst ... wäri dängeruss ! Sink off ohl se schäferhunde ät se woll !

Zis is why you need zee post mör!
(Sorry, don't know how to use zee umlauts!)

pelrun

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:25, 21 February 18
(Sorry, don't know how to use zee umlauts!)

The rule is simple: if it's the name of a metal band, add umlauts. If not, remove umlauts.

00WReX

Quote from: pelrun on 04:24, 22 February 18
The rule is simple: if it's the name of a metal band, add umlauts. If not, remove umlauts.

And some bands had inspiration from beer (who would have thought)...

QuoteMötley Crüe...
An Ultimate Classic Rock video on the band quotes Vince Neil as saying: "When we came up with the name, we didn't even know what umlauts were. We were drinking Lowenbrau and when we decided to call ourselves Motley Crue, we put some umlauts in there because we thought it made us look European.

"We had no idea that it was a pronunciation thing. When we finally went to Germany, the crowds were chanting 'Mutley Cruh, Mutley Cruh. We couldn't figure out why the fuck they were doing that."

http://teamrock.com/news/2014-12-12/motley-crue-logo-inspired-by-german-beer

Cheers,
Shäne
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

I knew about the useless umlauts on their name, but the story about their first Germany tour is ace :D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: 00WReX on 04:44, 22 February 18
And some bands had inspiration from beer (who would have thought)...

http://teamrock.com/news/2014-12-12/motley-crue-logo-inspired-by-german-beer

Cheers,
Shäne

This actually explains the scene in A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica part 1 - Where Bob Rock is going through all the gold albums he produced and someone pronounces Mutley Cruh.  :laugh: :laugh:

Bryce

With Mötley Crüe alcohol was involved, but that still doesn't explain why ice cream companies felt they had to do the same :D

Bryce.