News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amsoft Software Catalogues - Are they online?

Started by chinnyhill10, 22:38, 31 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Has anyone scanned the old Amsoft Software Catalogues and are they available online?

I had the Autumn/Winter 1985 one with the spaceship on the cover but it fell apart as it was so well used.

The catalogues had the details of everything Amsoft sold including screenshots of games and covers.

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

I have found this but it's a 1984 version with not many games in it. One of the later ones would be more useful. Although the 1984 one does have some games that were later deleted.

Amstrad CPC Catalog: Amsoft - Software And Peripherals Catalogue Winter 1984-85
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

chinnyhill10

Quote from: seanb on 01:24, 01 September 15
I have the winter 85/86 catalogue

It would be really useful if it could be scanned and put on the Wiki. The software catalogues are a vital resource for the early life of our machines but are inexplicably ignored.

They have games that sometimes were never released and all the SOFT numbers as well. A vital resource.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

seanb

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 12:56, 01 September 15

It would be really useful if it could be scanned and put on the Wiki. The software catalogues are a vital resource for the early life of our machines but are inexplicably ignored.

They have games that sometimes were never released and all the SOFT numbers as well. A vital resource.

Not a problem.
I'll scan it tomorrow.
Just where exactly do I upload it to in the wiki

chinnyhill10

Quote from: seanb on 22:38, 01 September 15
Not a problem.
I'll scan it tomorrow.
Just where exactly do I upload it to in the wiki

That's great! Scan it and then I'm sure we can get someone here to sort it. IIRC there's a separate Wiki topic so I can always ask in there.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CPC_Fan

Would be good to see them online if at all possible, as I have never seen them before.

seanb

I've done it and it's uploading to my google drive.

I have no idea where to put it so if someone knows can you please dl it and save it in the appropriate place.

Hopefully it's ok.

Amsoft Winter 95/96 Catalogue

Any changes you need or if you want a higher quality or all the pages as jpgs then let me know.

I'm going in the other room to watch a LaserDisc to drown out the yobs and tarts outside my house.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: seanb on 19:12, 03 September 15
I've done it and it's uploading to my google drive.

I have no idea where to put it so if someone knows can you please dl it and save it in the appropriate place.

Hopefully it's ok.

Amsoft Winter 95/96 Catalogue

Any changes you need or if you want a higher quality or all the pages as jpgs then let me know.

I'm going in the other room to watch a LaserDisc to drown out the yobs and tarts outside my house.

That's fantastic. I'll grab a download over the weekend and hopefully someone here can help put it on the Wiki. Cheers.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

||C|-|E||

They really are supercool, I had never seen them before  :D

TFM

Looks nice, but it's 1985/6 not 95/6. Just thought: huh, they still made stuff in the mid 90ies  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

seanb

Quote from: TFM on 22:24, 03 September 15
Looks nice, but it's 1985/6 not 95/6. Just thought: huh, they still made stuff in the mid 90ies  :o

I keep doing that.
I have no idea why. I hated and still still do to this day (though I've softened on them recently) the 90s.
Why would I keep replacing the greatest decade in history with one of the worst.

I'll edit it tomoz.

Dagger

Do we have this one, just came across it in my collection? Lots of Amsoft stuff in this

Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

EgoTrip

Quote from: Dagger on 14:27, 09 May 18
Do we have this one, just came across it in my collection? Lots of Amsoft stuff in this

It's not on the wiki, so scan it in please.

Dagger

Not done this before so do I just scan each page as jpeg's and if so what size?

robcfg

I think 300dpi scans are good enough.

You can also create a pdf file, but please keep the original images.

dragon

Dagger

Ok, I have scanned all the pages and put them into a zip file. Don't have any software to create a PDF file and wouldn't have a clue how to go about it. So how does one upload the zip file?

dragon

Editing the wiki. I think or put it in mega or something else here and maybe someone can edit the wiki.

Dagger

Is there someone who I can send this to so they can get it sorted? It's a 23.5mb zip file

dragon

O.k, if nobody offers you, send it to me and i upload it to mega.

Dagger

Thank you Dragon for uploading my scans for us. Catalogue can now be found here
https://mega.nz/#!htgShZQR!1wkvHDXifAior70YNnqb7oDGYAuqT-w-VFLrBqscvi4

malcolm

I have scanned and uploaded the summer/autumn 1984 catalogue and put in on the wiki at http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Amsoft_Software_Catalogue

Malcolm.
PS: I don't know what the significance of the 1992 on that page is.

seanb

Zoe Robinson

While researching for future episodes of CPCine, I've found the Amsoft Software Catalogue Winter 1985/6 inside a copy of Amstrad Computer User issue 14 (January 1986). If we want to find other issues of the catalogue, maybe this is where to look?