News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amiten, New Member from Spain

Started by Amiten, 19:11, 23 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Amiten

Hello every One, my Name is Johnny I´m From Canary Island , I start back in 82 or 84 cant remember with a zx spectrum then a MSX and since 88 with AMIGA  , today Im a active Retro hobbyst and own a Retro Channel on Youtube and develop games for Retro systems.

Thanks for accept me here.

I like very much AMSTRAD a system that I dont own back in the days but now I got several units. happy to be here and learn from all of you.

Kindest Regards! 

My youtube/facebook/website channels:

http://www.youtube.com/c/AMITENRETROTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/clubamiten
http://www.amiten.es
http://www.facebook.com/groups/clubamiten/

Kris

Hello and welcome here  ;)

CPC_Fan

Hello and welcome Johnny.

Amiten

Amiten

keith56

Welcome to the forum! it sounds like you have quite a few Z80 computers now, with the MSX, CPC an Spectrum.

On your website, it seems like you develop for the Amiga? what software do you develop with? I mean, do you use C, assembly or some kind of 'game development kit'? - I only ask, because I'm considering learning 68k assembly one day in the future.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

robcfg

Bienvenido, caballero!

As you can see this is a very friendly place and there are also a lot of spaniards here, so I hope you'll feel like home.

Don't hesitate to ask anything.

Cheers,
Rob

mr_lou

Welcome!  :)

Had a brief look at your website. Rowan looks awesome!

And your other links are also very interesting. I'm definitely gonna check out "The Last Starfighter". Love that movie! Dear childhood memory.  :) I had no idea a game had been made! I'm obviously not looking the right places for new Amiga game-releases. Used to take a peak at Pouet every now and then, but that's obviously not enough. Where should I look for such news?

Sadly my A1200 harddisk died a while back, so it's been in the closet ever since. Getting it back up running hasn't been a high priority.... not enough time in life.

Looks like you have all you need to create your Amiga games, but I still wanna mention my site IndieGameMusic.com in case you ever need any music.  :)
I created IGM mainly because I couldn't find any music library that offered the more "exotic" (retro) formats, such as MOD and XM and such.

Amiten

Quote from: keith56 on 22:17, 23 July 18
Welcome to the forum! it sounds like you have quite a few Z80 computers now, with the MSX, CPC an Spectrum.

On your website, it seems like you develop for the Amiga? what software do you develop with? I mean, do you use C, assembly or some kind of 'game development kit'? - I only ask, because I'm considering learning 68k assembly one day in the future.

Hello and thank you Keith56 ,

Yes my Development Team and Me (a couple of Friends nothing Serious like a Company or so but well organized I think (by me  ;D ))
Develop mostly in AMOS Basic (is a oriented basic for Game creator on the Amiga that let you quick access to all Amiga Resources for create Games in a Record Time this is the Good Thing but in the way you will find that AMOS give us Quick Results but for polished results you need to know some tweaks in order to avoid some knowlegde Bugs, and some limitations of the language) but I LOVE AMOS and I start using since 1990 and well I can say I feel confortable with the results we get with Amos  as "The Dream Of Rowan" .

68k ASM   yes if you got the time and the feeling to start with  I think is the best for Develop Amiga or other 68k systems.

all the best.  ciao.

Amiten

Quote from: robcfg on 23:04, 23 July 18
Bienvenido, caballero!

As you can see this is a very friendly place and there are also a lot of spaniards here, so I hope you'll feel like home.

Don't hesitate to ask anything.

Cheers,
Rob

Muchas Gracias Señor!!  :D   my pleasure , thank you for the welcome Saludos!

Amiten

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:25, 24 July 18
Welcome!  :)

Had a brief look at your website. Rowan looks awesome!

And your other links are also very interesting. I'm definitely gonna check out "The Last Starfighter". Love that movie! Dear childhood memory.  :) I had no idea a game had been made! I'm obviously not looking the right places for new Amiga game-releases. Used to take a peak at Pouet every now and then, but that's obviously not enough. Where should I look for such news?

Sadly my A1200 harddisk died a while back, so it's been in the closet ever since. Getting it back up running hasn't been a high priority.... not enough time in life.

Looks like you have all you need to create your Amiga games, but I still wanna mention my site IndieGameMusic.com in case you ever need any music.  :)
I created IGM mainly because I couldn't find any music library that offered the more "exotic" (retro) formats, such as MOD and XM and such.

Hello mr_lou , thank you!

We are Happy with the Result of the dream of Rowan  took 2 years to develop not at full time of course but yeah was a hard challenge i guess but at the end the game is a reality and we are pleased to acomplish the mission  ;)

I will check the Music site you mention , we are open always to collaborations in our projects, thank you.

thank you for the welcome  and kindest regards.

edit: if you need some help for put this A1200 Running feel free to ask me what ever you need about AMIGA and I will try my best for help.

Re-Edit: The last star fighter one of my fav oldskool movies sure ! , the new version still WIP no time and we are focused in other developments now but the V1 is there in my website the one we present to Amigamejam2016 and was 2nd winner in that contest so Cool! :D,
The best place for be in touch with new Amiga and other Retro developments I may say www.indieretronews.com ?¿ there is few others but www.aminet.net  - https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/  - https://www.generationamiga.com/  - is the ones I used to check , I hope can help you to be update on that kind of stuff. Ciao ;)

DanyPPC

You are welcome Amiten  ;)
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator