News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wonderboy Remake?

Started by Mr. DVG, 21:53, 25 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. DVG

Wonderboy remake?  :P

Maybe I say and maybe the dream could become a reality as someone is already worrying about preparing all the graphics of the game (which at first glance seems already splendid)!

I remember that Benjamin Yoris is already busy making the remake of The New Zealand Story for the plus series of Amstrad, while the remake of Wonderboy will be for the "old" machines (with my great joy and joy).  ;D

With these assumptions it will not be difficult for him to find a coder and a musician and I wish him great luck (and one of the first "physical" releases of the complete game already booked)! ;) 

Below official link to the author's post on twitter and the three images released!

https://twitter.com/BenYoris/status/1198986683506671621?s=20

OneVision

ervin

That looks fantastic!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Shaun M. Neary

Big fan of this one in the arcade, and even on the CPC (despite the horrible flickery sprites and jerky scrolling).

So I'm looking forward to this seeing the light of day.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Looking forward to see it completed. Although the CPC version is quite rubbish, I used to love it...

JayBlood

+1! Wait and see. Love this game too.
Jay

Fmtrx

excellent stuff. All colors accurate, and it is like watching the arcade. Big fan of the series.
Especially of the monster land one.

kawickboy

Super Wonderboy was too slow and full of bugs. And it was a speccy port cliché. The game always failed during play.

Fmtrx

Quote from: kawickboy on 09:15, 19 February 20
Super Wonderboy was too slow and full of bugs. And it was a speccy port cliché. The game always failed during play.

Neglected to note that i was fan of the arcade version of the wonderboy in monster land! The cpc version was a dissapointment.
always finished it with one coin back then, trying to get as much gold as i could - the primal version of  'bitcoins' - or should i name it as  '8 bit coins'  ;) [size=78%] ? .[/size]
It would be a very interesting future project by a team of at least 3-4 people.

But wonderboy 1, needs definitely a remake with better scrolling and graphics. I am happy that the second target is already accomplished  :)

Zoe Robinson

Oh my goodness, this is fantastic. I adored Wonder Boy on the Game Gear and Spectrum but always felt the CPC version was a little lacking. I'm really looking forward to this!

kawickboy

And better chiptunes too.

Shaun M. Neary

This isn't strictly true. The tape version was bugged to hell, often crashing as the tape went to load the next level.
The disk version was fine, however. But as you said, very slow.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

GUNHED

Exactly, probably the worst port ever.  :(  Would be really great if this one here gets far better.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: GUNHED on 23:41, 26 February 20
Exactly, probably the worst port ever.  :(  Would be really great if this one here gets far better.

At least we got to see the ending of the game.
Unlike Spectrum owners, who got an indestructible dragon at the end lol. Although a homebrew patch fixed that... eventually xD

GUNHED

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:35, 27 February 20
Unlike Spectrum owners, who got an indestructible dragon at the end lol. Although a homebrew patch fixed that... eventually xD
OMG! They really did the job quick and dirty, just to cash in from home computer users.  >:(

On the Sega it's a bit better, but the legs move terrible. The legs move forward and not backward, this looks so bad.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

VincentGR

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:35, 27 February 20

Oh, where is that?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:24, 27 February 20

Oh, where is that?
If you search on our forum for Super Wonder Boy, there's a link to the World Of Spectrum forum where they talk about it.
They used the CPC's code to find the bug in the Speccy version.

OneVision

OneVision

Gryzor

Yeah, I don't know what that second image is from, no matter how far back I push my chair from the monitor :D

Can't wait!

amijim

Its the left ear and the blond hair as per one quater of the face.Count my contribution in for the team for a week next year by the way.Cant wait to see the first game i ever played on my amstrad.

Gryzor

I... still don't see it :D