The RolandRadio Top10 and Flop10

Started by RolandRadio, 15:44, 09 April 20

Previous topic - Next topic

RolandRadio

We have now created a Top10 and Flop10 Chart on RolandRadio based on your ratings.
Check it out on: https://rolandradio.net/titles/charts

And RATE!!!!

Based on this charts we plan to do a weekly "top hits and flop hits" on RolandRadio. So you can listen for an full hour to the worst Amstrad CPC music. Isn't this great? One hour full of BSC-music? :-)

Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

Targhan

Fun :). Seems to work fine, I tried to vote several times, only my latest vote was taken in account (worth a try :)).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

Quote from: Targhan on 20:02, 09 April 20
Fun :) . Seems to work fine, I tried to vote several times, only my latest vote was taken in account (worth a try :) ).

In the first RolandRadio running on Wordpress it was possible to vote multiple times on the same track to up- or downvote something (BSC downvoting my tracks, i upvoting his...) - so i've learned my lessons well :-)
Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.

RolandRadio

We have rebuild the RolandRadio-Charts. They are now generated every Monday night. and they also automatically generate the Chart-Show for the current week.

https://rolandradio.net/titles/charts

BSC

Quote from: RolandRadio on 12:37, 08 June 20
We have rebuild the RolandRadio-Charts. They are now generated every Monday night. and they also automatically generate the Chart-Show for the current week.

https://rolandradio.net/titles/charts

Meh! Now I have to down-vote your tracks every week.. Do you know how much work that is? There are literally thousands of tunes by you.
I bet you did that on purpose!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

RolandRadio

I have a script for downvoting. I can sell it.

TotO

About downvotes, it looks not fair to see 99% of the @SuTeKH/Epyteor and @Targhan music systematically ratted 1-star by someone.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 08:22, 23 June 20
About downvotes, it looks not fair to see 99% of the @SuTeKH/Epyteor and @Targhan music systematically ratted 1-star by someone.
It's always nice to have fans(!) *grrrr*

RolandRadio

I dont know how to "fix" downvoting issues as i can not claim if a voting was done because someone doesnt like the music or why he choose to set 1 star rating.

What i can do to minimize the only for fun-votings with 5/1 stars is to show at an title details page those usernames who have voted 5 star and who have votes 1 star. Kind of "Enthusiasts"-List but only for 1 and 5 - so the ratings stay anonymous between those extremes.

The other thing is i only can allow voting to memebrs which has payed a fee to enable this feature - but this seems to be too rude and ratings will decrese as not very much people like to pay for anything in this world.

I dont know how to handle those extreme up/down-votes yet but i am working on some concepts. Maybe some of you have some nice ideas?

RolandRadio

Quote from: BSC on 16:09, 18 June 20

Meh! Now I have to down-vote your tracks every week.. Do you know how much work that is? There are literally thousands of tunes by you.
I bet you did that on purpose!
To find your Titles more easy for downvoting all titles that has ever reached the Top-50 are not marked yellow.

Targhan

QuoteAbout downvotes, it looks not fair to see 99% of the @SuTeKH/Epyteor and @Targhan music systematically ratted 1-star by someone.

Well, if @SuTeKH/Epyteor stops downvoting me, I'll stop downvoting him!! :)
Just kidding. Not always easy to prevent this. Maybe by preventing putting too many low rating if the user didn't put any higher rating before?
For example, Rate-1 is authorized if you have three "points", which are acquired when you rate-3... I don't know, just an idea. These points would be internal and not shown.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

This specific user who downvotes Sutekh rates normally all values between 1 and 5 and for almost every title on rolandradio but not scripted. Ratings start from 11th mai up to 20th june. so he logs in every now and then and rates titles. nothing suspicious there. maybe he just dont like nice melodies cause to his death metal affinity :-) Or he is a so called Hasenbergl

BSC

I think you can't do much about _any_ specific voting behaviour as long as it is within the lines of what is possible. Vote all tunes 1 star? My business. Vote all tunes 5 stars? The same. Anything in between: rinse and repeat. It seems rude, though, if one person seems to be systematically down-vote another person, but as Sutekh is generally a creator of great tunes, that should not bother him or anyone else much. And I strongly believe we should not pay too much attention or even come up with a technical "solution" (which will always have flaws, as we are dealing with the chaotic nature of human behavior) to this kind of behavior. That would cast too much attention on trolling (if that's the case here) and as we all know: don't feed em! (they always want moar)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

RolandRadio

A technical solution would be that a user cannot give more than five 1-star-votings to the titles of a single artist. After that, the 1-star-voting would be blocked. But that would mean that I would not be able to do any more voting at BSC, for example.

BSC

if ($count >= 1 and $count <= 5) {
$artist['awardimage'] = '/rolandradio_layout/illustrations/record-bronze.png';
$artist['awardimageinfo'] = 'Bronze record for up to 5 chart hits.';
$artist['awardcolor'] = '#da804e, #c36a43';
}

:-X

RolandRadio

You should not post my sources if you see them through an error during me coding live on the RolandRadio homepage because my dev computer is too slow to process those requests local :-)

Sad BSC.... i am Silver-Record-Owner :-)

https://rolandradio.net/artists/byname/Kangaroo%20MusiQue

https://rolandradio.net/artists/byname/BSC

You can provide some informations about yourself.. if you know them :D

Targhan

QuoteA technical solution would be that a user cannot give more than five 1-star-votings to the titles of a single artist.
No, because "unknown artist" is... a lot of artists!

But I kinda agree with BSC, don't bother too much...
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

Small bug: in the artist page, the "chart hit" only sums up the chart hit on THIS page, not on all the author's tune.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

RolandRadio

Thank you for this information - Bug is fixed :-)

tastefulmrship

In the track page (ie where the detailed ratings appear) you could show who-voted-what whenever you hover over one of the star ratings. A bit like when you look at who has "thumbed-up" posts here!

PROS: You can see who the active users are and what they have voted. It might even deter troll-voting.

CONS: It might increase the number of fake accounts used to downvote anonymously! Also, it might deter people from voting truthfully or even at all! I mean, someone has voted Zynaps as a 1-Star! WTF? I hope they are ashamed of themselves! If they were named-and-shamed then hopefully they would change their vote to a 5-Star as the tune deserves!

TotO

Sure, rating 1-star Zynaps is a nice joke... Can it receive less than 5-star?  :-\ ;D

I think that peoples votes in personal, but agree that as "like / unlike" we may have:
5 = TOP "users"
1 = FLOP "users"

Because, at less for me, it is not a problem to speak about what I love and what I hate into a music.
Others rate can change depending if the sun shine or not... 2<->3<->4 so it is personal and not revelating.

About fake account, it is possible to detect and lock, delete, ... them I think.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

RolandRadio

As i soon want to set up some "user detail" page as a profile page for each user i will think about to provide the information of random 10 items of 5-star votings and 1-star votings on the users page. So i can visit Targhans profile, see some informations he want to provide and also see the "i really like"-5-star-titles (10 of them) ans also a "My ears bleed"-1-star-titles (also 10 of them) - so maybe thats a nice feature.
I also can implement such a  "real lovers"-5-star-list of users or "maipulative twats"-1-star-ranking-list on the title detail page.
:-)
I will think about that.

BSC

As can already be seen in this short thread, thinking too much about the voting behavior of others is misleading and makes people fight about things that should be ones own business. There's too much fighting on the internet already. And commenting on voting behavior of others, think of YouTube for example: A video can have 2 million thumbs up, but still (too) many comments deal with the few down votes in a not always constructive way. So much that I sometimes wish they would not show down votes explicitly - like in one down vote cancelling one up vote. So, pretty please, Kangaroo, don't make the votes of your users something to fight about. What I love others may hate, and even if someone gives 1 star to my all-time-favorite, I don't really care. I might not understand (obviously), but that should really REALLY not be something to judge or even question.

TotO

Roland Radio has around 50 registered users. I think that I know more than half of them personally, because it is more a "CPC friend" radio than a youtube channels with millions of unknown users of Facebook page with "accepted" friends. In this way and spirit, I think that is more annoying when someone come to the party because he doesn't like you... The rating system allows to have our favorite charts and help peoples to easy find "good" CPC musics. In my case, I was able to found music that I was not able to ear since 30 years ago, so thank you very much for the RR work. When peoples only register to destroy quality music ratings, I don't see that like an unlike on social networks.

BSC

Quote from: TotO on 08:22, 23 June 20

It just occured to me that I might actually have - at least partly - to do with that! I voted some jingles with 1 star.
This was meant as a way of protesting against the inclusion of jingles (or sound effects), as I am strongly opposed
to including those in general. This has nothing to do with who made them.

Anything shorter than maybe 20 to 30 seconds should not be included IMO. As a guideline you could try to come
up with other demo scene or game music radio stations that do include jingles and such. AFAIK: zero.