Colour Personal Computing Fanzine - The difficult third issue is here!

Started by Skunkfish, 14:00, 01 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Skunkfish

I might have a few Hi-Tec games in the loft, which ones are you missing?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

zeropolis79

I'm not sure right now - I've got to catalogue them.. but thanks!

Skunkfish

As research for the article I began to catalogue all Hi-Tec releases across all platforms, going by the HTxxx reference numbers on the games - lots of gaps though...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

zeropolis79

Got my Issue 2 today thanks! Hopefully Issue 3 will be here tomorrow.

Skunkfish

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 12:59, 02 September 20
Got my Issue 2 today thanks! Hopefully Issue 3 will be here tomorrow.
Fingers crossed! Interesting as I posted them both together - Royal Mail must be collating the issues somehow!

zeropolis79

John_Vella

Received issues two and three. Brilliant!

Is there anywhere I can buy a copy of issue one? I didn't know this even existed until a few weeks ago, and would love to get my hands on a copy of the missing issue.

Thanks in advance. :)

Skunkfish

I'm glad you enjoyed them!
You can grab a PDF of issue 1 from https://www.cpcstore.co.uk/cpcfanzine
I'll have to investigate and see if I can do another small run of the first issue as there has been a bit of interest....

Skunkfish

This weekend only: get 50% off issue 3 of Colour Personal Computing fanzine!

That's 44 pages of top quality Amstrad CPC related content for only £2 (+£1 postage to Europe (outside UK) and +£2 elsewhere).

Visit https://www.cpcstore.co.uk, add issue 3 to your basket and enter the code HALFPRICEISSUE3 at the checkout to activate this offer!

The offer is limited to the first 40 customers, so don't delay, get CPC Fanzine today! (or in a few days when the post comes)

zeropolis79

Quote from: Skunkfish on 09:30, 14 September 20
I'm glad you enjoyed them!
You can grab a PDF of issue 1 from https://www.cpcstore.co.uk/cpcfanzine
I'll have to investigate and see if I can do another small run of the first issue as there has been a bit of interest....

I'd get one as I can't seem to find it.. (wouldn't surprise me if I've either lost it or didn't get it)

Animalgril987

Hi Skunkfish.
I've just ordered issue 3.
Is there any way of getting issues 1 and 2?

Alan.

Animalgril987

Hi James.
My copy of issue 3 arrived today, and it's brilliant!.
Just one minor critique, is that black print on a relatively dark background, is a bit of a strain for 59 year old eyes.
Otherwise, it's most enjoyable. Keep up the good work! :D

Alan.

Skunkfish

Hi Alan,

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, your feedback spurs me on to get the next issue out!

Point noted on the legibility, will try to improve this in the next issue!

Thanks

James.

Animalgril987

Ok, thanks James.
First time round, I was reading it in artificial light, legibility is much better in daylight. ;D
I'm eagerly anticipating issue 4!

Alan.

Skunkfish

Just in case anyone is interested, I've done a limited reprint of issues 1 & 2 of Colour Personal Computing.

£3 for the B&W issue 1 and £4 for the colour issue 2 (inc. postage to UK, add £1 for postage to Europe and £2 Rest of World).

They available only at www.cpcstore.co.uk

Thanks!

Animalgril987

Skunkfish

Gryzor

Thought I'd copy the contents here :)

• The Story Behind the Softies - Campursoft (looking forward to that!)
  • Mr Lou returns with a special exclusive Christmas article for CPC Fanzine.
  • We go #CPCRetroDev crazy, looking back at some of the highlights of the competition
  • A look at two hardware expansions - PlayCity and Imperium Solo
  • More game reviews than you can shake a stick at, including Brick Rick, Kitsune's Curse, and CPC Soccer '22

SharkusMaximus

@Skunkfish Is there an update on the Christmas edition? Has it been published yet?

Skunkfish

Quote from: SharkusMaximus on 23:50, 10 January 22
@Skunkfish Is there an update on the Christmas edition? Has it been published yet?
It will be soon, sorry for the delay.
I was ill in December so that delayed things a bit, it's pretty much ready to go - I'm just proofreading everything before it goes to the printers. Sadly it's missed Christmas though :(

Gryzor

ComSoft6128

Aye, your health is more important than anything else - so whenever you feel up to it :)

Animalgril987

Maybe it's just really, really early for Christmas '22  :D

Btw, did I order one, I can't remember?

Skunkfish

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 19:16, 12 January 22
Maybe it's just really, really early for Christmas '22  :D

Btw, did I order one, I can't remember?
Good idea. Perhaps I'll make it a Christmas 21/22 issue, sort of cover both off?  ;D
And, yes you did order one. I assume you received the other issues ok?