News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wonderboy Remake?

Started by Mr. DVG, 21:53, 25 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:24, 24 June 20
I... still don't see it :D
His ear is that pink thing in the middle. :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Yeah, the ear, I got; the rest says nothing to me :D

Carnivius

Well all the yellow is his hair.  The bit on the left is the hair draping down over the sideburn area.

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Haha thanks. The tip of his weapon threw me off since the background has a changed colour...

OneVision

More suitable format.

Gryzor

This looks impressively good...

OneVision

Code : GurneyH
GFX : OneVision
Audio : e-dredon

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

tjohnson

Wow that looks like the arcade, always have fond memories of playing that in the arcade as a boy.

DanyPPC

WoW !!! Excellence !

I wonder why in the 80s they didn't dedicate this care to highly possible conversions.

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

gurneyh

Quote from: DanyPPC on 10:18, 19 December 20I wonder why in the 80s they didn't dedicate this care to highly possible conversions.

The deadlines were running, sometimes only a few weeks. :(

ervin

This looks absolutely wonderful!
I'm one of those strange people that actually enjoyed the original CPC version, despite its obvious shortcomings.
But this new version looks like it will be MUCH better in absolutely every way, and I can't wait to try it!
(Actually it looks better than most CPC scrolling platformers!)

reidrac

Not my favourite, but I played it a lot at school (because the computing lab, all CPC 6128; didn't have a lot of games to choose from).

This version looks very nice!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

VincentGR

I love the original version even if it is slower than the C64.
This looks really amazing!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: VincentGR on 20:24, 19 December 20
I love the original version even if it is slower than the C64.
This looks really amazing!
Basically the CPC version only took the C64 graphics and took the code and sound from the Spectrum, explaining the flicker and the slow speed. The Speccy version plays identical!

I usually wait until the game is finished before I get stuck in, but for this I'll probably make an exception as I'm a huge fan of this (and it's sequel) :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

OneVision

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 15:24, 20 December 20
Basically the CPC version only took the C64 graphics and took the code and sound from the Spectrum, explaining the flicker and the slow speed. The Speccy version plays identical!

I usually wait until the game is finished before I get stuck in, but for this I'll probably make an exception as I'm a huge fan of this (and it's sequel) :)

Hey Shaun, maybe now you can update your avatar on this forum ;) :P

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: OneVision on 14:50, 23 December 20

Hey Shaun, maybe now you can update your avatar on this forum ;) :P
Not happening! I still have fond memories of that loading screen when I was 11 years old and loading it from tape.  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

OneVision

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:13, 23 December 20
Not happening! I still have fond memories of that loading screen when I was 11 years old and loading it from tape.  :laugh:

Fair enough !!  ;D

OneVision

It's Christmas dear fellow Amstrad users !

Please enjoy this (short) first level of WonderBoy Remake. You'll need a CPC with 128k.
All info in the readme.

Don't hesitate to comment, to give your feedback. Even insults are welcome !

Wonderful Xmas to all of you !

Gryzor

That's so nice!!! Haven't heard that tune for many years, brought back lots of memories! It looks really great, but is it harder than I remember it to be? Or just getting old? :D

In any case, Merry Xmas - and thanks for this :)

OneVision

Early Troubleshooting :

- the GX4000 pad seems to be only working on port #2 on a PLUS or GX4000
- on OLD CPC the pad GX4000 won't work sadly, you'll have to use keyboard
- it's also reported that TAB + A is replaced by F + G on an OLD keyboard

Sorry for all this, that's why we do BETA versions ...

gurneyh

Quote from: OneVision on 12:28, 24 December 20
- it's also reported that TAB + A is replaced by F + G on an OLD keyboard
- [size=0px]the GX4000 pad seems to be only working on port #2 on a PLUS or GX4000[/size]

No problems with my cpc 6128 old qwerty. Very strange  :o
For the joypad it's port 1 and not 2

ervin

This is absolutely fantastic!
Head and shoulders above the old version.
I must also mention the graphics - they are beautiful.