News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

12V to keyboard

Started by Fran123, 21:29, 20 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran123

Hello

I have a CPC6128

I have replaced my green monitor (GT65), I bought the GBS8200 card and I have connected to lcd monitor. The keyboard is powered with 5V/3A adaptor.
Also, I have plugged the 12V connector to other adaptor (12V/1A) but the drive does not work.  I have a cable with two female connectors, and it is connected to monitor and adaptor.

What's happening?

Thank you

eto

Did it work before you connected the 12V adapter?

- make sure that the 12V has ground on the inside and 12V on the outside (see here: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Power_Supply_for_CPC_and_CPC_plus)
- check if the drive belt inside the floppy is still there, replace if it is broken (almost all belts are broken after that many years). Check the guides on youtube, e.g. this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gX1cnZR6nM

tjohnson

Oh I hope you check the polarity on the 12v before you connected it, almost all modern external PSU are centre positive but the Amstrad 6128 requires centre negative.

Fran123

Then, have I to cut the cables and cross them??
now:   red/black ======= red/black
then:  red/black ===x=== black/red

Bryce

Quote from: Fran123 on 13:17, 22 June 21
Then, have I to cut the cables and cross them??
now:   red/black ======= red/black
then:  red/black ===x=== black/red

If the polarity is wrong at the moment yes. But do you know whether the polarity is wrong?

Bryce.

Fran123

Quote from: Bryce on 13:42, 22 June 21
If the polarity is wrong at the moment yes. But do you know whether the polarity is wrong?

Bryce.

It seem so, it's normal adaptor.

Bryce

There's no such thing as "normal" or standard in this case. Consumer devices usually have the minus pole on the outside, but medical equipment PSU's usually have plus on the outside. Depending on what the PSU was originally produced for decides which way around the poles are.

Bryce.

eto

Quote from: Fran123 on 19:26, 22 June 21It seem so, it's normal adaptor.

The polarity is usually printed on the case of the power supply: