News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad Game Artwork - Posters & Other

Started by zhulien, 15:02, 09 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

I love the artwork on so many 80s and 90s games, there is nothing like it now - except for the awesome new games for 80s computers - like Red Sunset.

Even the worst games like Atom Smasher and Alien Break-In have really cool artwork that is worthy of being on any wall or T-Shirt.

What game artwork comes to mind that you think should be made into posters & t-shirts?

zhulien

zhulien

zhulien

Has anyone seen this alternative Alien Break-In art before?

Alien Break-In (Amstrad CPC) - RetroANA

zhulien

zhulien

btw...  is there an existing Game Cover Art website?

Google '80s game cover art' and it will make you wet.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

zhulien

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:01, 10 September 21
(sorry...)

liked for lols, not for the actual image... i won't wear a tshirt with that...  :D

Gryzor

But think of all the dates you'd get...

Shaun M. Neary

I wouldn't mind but the artwork for Metrocross was actually good.
The above looks like a bad CVG article (probably same publishing and writing team!)

Metro-Cross
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ComSoft6128

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 14:21, 10 September 21
Dates with what?  :o

I hear dates go well stuffed in a pastry!

(closest to multiple dates that mope in blue on the board will get, let's be honest!)

Medjool Dates: Nutrition, Benefits, and Uses
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

zhulien

Actually this Spectrum Cauldron remake has awesome artwork

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Now do a photoshoot with Sydney Sweeney. That'd be a cosplay I'd love to see :D

ajcasado

CPC 664

Empiezas a envejecer cuando dejas de aprender.
You start to get old when you stop learning.

zhulien

Interesting...

Image 1 - Galactic Plague - Amstrad CPC/Schneider Amsoft 1984 Tested & Working

Image 1 - Alien Destroyer Zx Spectrum Sinclair

They are not even the same game!

zhulien

I reckon we start a meme and put that artwork on every shooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK8tIUmREC0

JupiterJones

There were in Spain two great cartoonists who drawed some of the best covers ever: Alfonso Azpiri and Luís Royo:

Gryzor

Ah Luis Rojo, as a teen I had bought a couple of coffee table books and a calendar with his work without realising the connection.

Speaking of cartoonists (I don't think that title applies any more), didn't Simon Bisley do Golden Axe? I know he's done others (like Gods) but I can only think of Golden Axe with regards to the CPC.

JupiterJones

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:08, 16 September 21
Ah Luis Rojo, as a teen I had bought a couple of coffee table books and a calendar with his work without realising the connection.

Speaking of cartoonists (I don't think that title applies any more), didn't Simon Bisley do Golden Axe? I know he's done others (like Gods) but I can only think of Golden Axe with regards to the CPC.

Yes! And Azpiri made an adult series for Cimoc, called Lorna, that incidentaly also has a game...
Please, don't take my ugly translation of "dibujante" as cartoonist as disrespect... I didn't find the word, so I went to Google Translate... My bad. I guess the appropiate word must be illustrators, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Golden Axe cover for Europe was drawn by Dermot Power, as far as I could find.

Gryzor

Ahhh Lorna :) Be it a Russ Meyer movie, a game or a comic, always nice :D

Yeah I know what you meant by 'cartoonist', in Greek it's the same issue, it's the English terms that change. Nowadays illustrator/artist is indeed the correct form I think.

You're right about Golden Axe, I forgot it had a different cover here. A pity, Bisley was awesome. Slaine!