News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Please buy this for me :D

Started by Gryzor, 13:35, 18 October 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

So, there's a GREEK seller based in GREECE selling items on eBay, but... not shipping to Greece.  :doh:

He's got a copy of Into Oblivion (my first ever computer game) which is nothing special normally, but this is the Greek edition. Not much changed, just the instructions. Still, I'll love to have it.

Is there anyone willing to buy it for me and ship it to me afterwards? I'll pay all the costs in advance, obviously...

Thanks!

ComSoft6128

I'd try for you but after that f**kup with sending a CPC to @Bryce for repair I'm avoiding European purchases. :(

Gryzor

Oh yes that's right, I guess it must be someone from mainland Europe; what malarkey!

PS 'malarkey' is a favourite word of mine since it's very similar to the greek 'malakia' which means pretty much the same thing :D

ComSoft6128

Maybe I'm being cynical but what reason could he have for not selling in his home country?

Gryzor

Absolutely no effin' idea :D They said they'd be able to ship to Greece beginning 1/1/22...

abalore

Wow, I tried to get a quote for a shipping to Athens and I wasn't able. Whats happening there?

Gryzor

He's excluded most countries, so that's normal...

eto

I can offer to help. If the parcel is small, shipping to Greece (incl. tracking) will be 7,50€, without tracking 5€. Unfortunately it's no longer permitted to send goods as letters, otherwise it would be slightly cheaper.

Gryzor

Thanks, eto, much appreciated :) It appears the situation is more complicated. Here are the countries the seller has *excluded* even though they ship "globally":

Angola, Burundi, Benin, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Central African Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Cameroon, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Comoros, Cape Verde Islands, Djibouti, Algeria, Eritrea, Western Sahara, Gabon Republic, Ghana, Guinea, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Libya, Lesotho, Morocco, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malawi, Mayotte, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Senegal, Saint Helena, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Swaziland, Seychelles, Chad, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Aruba, Anguilla, Netherlands Antilles, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Barbados, Costa Rica, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Montserrat, Martinique, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Turks and Caicos Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, British Virgin Islands, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Greece, Croatia, Republic of, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Monaco, Moldova, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Bahrain, Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen, Bermuda, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, New Caledonia, Niue, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, French Polynesia, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia

...and the list of the allowed countries:

Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Canada
China
Egypt
Ethiopia
Greenland
Hong Kong
India
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Kenya
Korea, South
Kuwait
Lebanon
Mexico
New Zealand
Philippines
Qatar
Singapore
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Taiwan
Tanzania
Thailand
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
Vietnam
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Go figure... :(

eto

well... at least it is highly unlikely he will sell this game until January ;-)

btw: I can't find the listing on Ebay.

Gryzor

Do you know how big the scene is in Sri Lanka though?  ::)

Ah yes, the link!

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:07, 19 October 21

Ah yes, the link!

Weird, in the text he specifies that shipping to Greece is $4.99. Also when I opened the link, the list of excluded countries was much smaller (neither Greece nor Germany were in that list) but when I switched the country to "Greece" all of a sudden, the list grew and included Greece and Germany.

Did you contact that guy?

Gryzor

Yeah, said that because of reasons he can't ship to Greece before 1.1.22...

dragon

Gryzor

Ah, a forwarding service. I may have to use one at last! Thanks for the tip!

Gryzor

mmmyeahhh, in the meantime he excluded even more countries. What a f*cked up listing.

dragon

Just curious, why you  don't have put the link?

Gryzor

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:07, 19 October 21

Ah yes, the link!

^^Here :)

gerald

Off-Topic: ShowHide

Ah, theses nice new links we have since GDPR.
Out of 1200+ byte url only 40 are useful to reach the item. 
The remaining is just tracking crap ....

Gryzor

Forum borked the url. Here it is again, sans the tracking nonsense:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281389327516

dragon

So France is o.k I don't view it in the list.

Nop. So what are the country allowed. With that  list?

Gryzor

No idea, it seems to change every time you ask for a specific country cost??

zhulien

A bit expensive if bought to Australia first...

Gryzor

Oh, what, you can actually buy that? :D

zhulien

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:12, 21 October 21
Oh, what, you can actually buy that? :D

Yes, it will allow, that is rather strange they won't post to Greece.  Let me know as a last resort if you can't find someone cheaper to buy it through, seems a bit sad to have to send it around the World first.

If I search ebay.co.uk there are currently 4 copies that I can buy from the UK.  Is there something special about that one you want?

Here is the cheapest...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124783839461?hash=item1d0db248e5:g:hjkAAOSwaHBg03pI