News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mother X4 Repair Quesiton

Started by DoctorCPC, 13:30, 13 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

My card is damaged. I think the capacitors are also broken. Which components are missing? If you tell me what is missing, I will fix it. This card is Mother X4. Can you share MotherX4 pic with High Resolution?best regards
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

TotO

Hello Doc,

The MotherX4 is not working? What are the tests you have done? The ribbon cable alone works?
No capacitors are missing, I have just made the choice to put them on each expansion boards.

If it no more allow to power-on your CPC, you can return it to me, I will fix/replace it.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

DoctorCPC

my dear friend toto, I haven't used this device for a long time. I thought it was broken and some components were broken. I have Zmem 1MB Ram and M4Wifi. I haven't tried it yet after a long time. Can I install M4Wifi, Zmem 1mb ram at the same time? I even have it in USIFACII. If I install 1mb RAM with M4Wifi, it is enough for me. Do I need to plug a 5 volt adapter into the Mother X4 board?
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)

www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics

TotO

Try first to plug the MotherX4 alone and turn on the CPC.
If OK, turn it off and add first the Z-MEM to test if it works.
The external PSU is optional, you probably do not require it.

Please, contact me by email, I don't look the forum every days.

Cheers.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GUNHED

Many PSUs sadly do provide only around 4,5 Volt (when using some expansions). Make sure your external PSU provides 5 Volts at least.
The card (from pictures) looks great.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

DoctorCPC

thanks Toto thanks GUNHED. I tried another CPC. worked there. my old CPC also had physical parados and on/off button. sometimes it wouldn't open. I found that the problem is there. thank you so much.