News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Goodbye... for now.

Started by Targhan, 09:41, 18 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Targhan

Hi all,

It is with a very sad heart that, due to some deep upheaval in my personal and professional life, I announce that I stop all my CPC activities for an indeterminate duration (don't worry, my physical health is very fine). I need to focus on what I plan to do, and this is wiser to discard the CPC for that. I may be gone for a few months, or a year, or 5, who knows?

All my projects are put on hold. Arkos Tracker 2 is stable, so there should be no problem. I told No Recess that I could create new music/sfx for SonicGx if he needed. As only a few people know, I was working on Arkos Tracker 3, a fully-recoded version of AT, with many new features. The work is well advanced, but there are still many features to do. I may finish it one day, or not. I also had an action game in mind...

See you soon and long live the CPC!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

HAL6128

It's sad to hear such a thing, I've enjoyed a lot your fair comments in this forum and your coding for the CPC.
It seems that sometimes it takes consistent steps to get personal things back on track.
I wish all the best.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

reidrac

Thank you for all you have done!

I wish you the best and look forward to see you again around here. If you need anything I can help with, you know where you can find me.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Take care, hope everything turns out fine for you in the end... Thanks for all the things you've done, and I really hope you get back soon!

SkulleateR

Personal life always comes before hobby ... take care, hope all goes well :)

XeNoMoRPH

sometimes the hobby becomes a job and one feels exhausted, I wish you everything to be fixed, and here we will be waiting for you.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Golem13

I wish you every success in your new projects. May you come back to us soon with lots of good news! Kisses  ;)

tronic

Thank you for all you've done and you've done so much, since Demoniak issue #1 ;)
Best & success.

genesis8

Thanks for all your work, profit of this time for other important things.

ComSoft6128

villain

All the best! I hope we soon can say: Welcome back, Targhan! We will wait right here! 👍🏻

VincentGR

Thank you.
Wish you the best.

Nich

I'm sorry to hear this news, but as others have said, your personal life should take priority over CPC activities. I wish you the best for the future.

That said, I hope we will see you on the CPC again one day. As some of you may know, I said to myself at the start of 2016 that I wanted to reduce my CPC activities significantly, but I could never totally turn my back on the CPC. :)

Octoate

Thanks a lot for your work for the CPC. I hope to see you again on the Revision in Saarbrücken some day in the future. Remind me to buy you a beer :D! So, all the best from my side!

I reduced the work on the CPC stuff, too and I am only sporadically reading messages here, but like Nich already mentioned before, repairing a CPC here and getting a BTX modul working again there...  ;).
--

Sid_

Sad news. You're productive from so much time have you are a reference.
Hope you will come soon.

BSC

That's sad to hear but also totally understandable. Take your time, mate, good luck!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Arnaud

Take your time with your new project, you'll be even more glad to come back later to CPC.

robcfg

I hope you'll be back sooner than later.

Take care, and thank you for all your great work!

Shaun M. Neary

Hey @Targhan , Thanks for everything you've contributed over the years.

Take all the time you need. The CPC isn't going anywhere and neither are we. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

arnolde

Au revoir, Monsieur et à bientôt j'espère!
Thank you for your invaluable work!

manossg

I am sad to read this thread, but r/l priorities always come first. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for everything that you have contributed and for giving me and so many other musicians the tools to express ourselves using our beloved CPCs.

Looking forward to seeing you return!

ralferoo

Oh, just spotted this and now feel bad as I was asking questions in another thread about AT2!

Good luck with your time off, hope you sort out your priorities as you need, and I'm sure you'll be back some time when you least expect it. Personally, I stopped all of my CPC activities just over 7 years ago after feeling a bit burnt out, and now I'm suddenly interested in the scene again.

As others have said, the CPC isn't going anywhere. It's been here for 35 years already, and will continue to wait for you until you're ready.

Gryzor

Beautifully said; also, so nice to have you back!

skylas

Thank you for all your contributions, wish you the best!
Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET ON AMSTRAD CPC!
PENALTY KICKS!
CAPITAL QUIZ!
CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition)
HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ)
HEART CHASER 1,2,3!
BARBOUTI!
STROOPIE!
BUDRUMI!