News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gryzor/Contra

Started by JimmyChan2022, 01:58, 06 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChan2022

Is there any plans for a GX4000 version with scrolling?
Of the 8 bits it looks the best. Even better than the heralded Nes version.

I'm amazed there was no push for it to be a GX game back in the day.

Makes me laugh how Sir Alan is so Mr successful businmen on tv, yet he really knew f**k all about gaming.

lmimmfn

No, but the original programmer was talking about implementing scrolling on the Enterprise version

Cant paste the link here for some reason but there's a thread on enterpriseforever.com where the original programmer comments, no update since August 2020 though.
6128 for the win!!!

Gryzor

Can't find the topic on the forum...

However; am I the only one who likes the flip screen approach? Maybe I'm used to it, but I like the gameplay... Sort of like small chapters or something.

roudoudou

Quote from: JimmyChan2022 on 01:58, 06 February 22
Is there any plans for a GX4000 version with scrolling?
Of the 8 bits it looks the best. Even better than the heralded Nes version.
take a look at...
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/preview-barjack's-gfx/

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

JimmyChan2022

Cheers for link, that looks amazing, so much better than nes version and I'll say the arcade too.
Good times for CPC 8)

JimmyChan2022

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:42, 06 February 22
Can't find the topic on the forum...

However; am I the only one who likes the flip screen approach? Maybe I'm used to it, but I like the gameplay... Sort of like small chapters or something.
Ive had the reverse of an advantage in a game. I started on Megaman 3, and really miss the slide in 1 or 2. I started with Shinobi 3, and some moves arent in Revenge. So going back to play them feels odd.

lmimmfn

Quote from: JimmyChan2022 on 02:19, 07 February 22
Cheers for link, that looks amazing, so much better than nes version and I'll say the arcade too.
Good times for CPC 8)
Honestly ive always thought the CPC version looks better than the arcade version. Gryzor and Renegade are the only CPC games that i consider the CPC completely owning then.
6128 for the win!!!

Gryzor

Quote from: lmimmfn on 02:58, 07 February 22
Honestly ive always thought the CPC version looks better than the arcade version. Gryzor and Renegade are the only CPC games that i consider the CPC completely owning then.
Don't know if it looks better than the arcade... The aesthetics are pretty similar.

Oh, Ikari too!

Jean-Marie

X-Contra (1994) was a nice prototype from Facehugger. A demo is playable, and the source code is available.

Gryzor

Had forgotten about that! Mario made me chuckle😀

JimmyChan2022

Quote from: Gryzor on 05:08, 07 February 22
Don't know if it looks better than the arcade... The aesthetics are pretty similar.

Oh, Ikari too!
On a technical level arcade is better, but if your judging them based on quality, I think the cpc artist put a lot more effort in. Arcade has cheap looking visuals.