News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DDI3 game compatability

Started by kingtreelo, 10:54, 13 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtreelo

Wasnt sure if this was the correct place to put this,

So i have myself a DDI3, but have noticed that i cant some games to run on it, is there a compatability list somewhere?
For example, i can play Rockstar Ate my Hamster fine on winuae, but it doesnt work on my DDI3, same with BMX Sim and Super StuntCar, these are just 3 off the top of my head that i tried yesterday.
Some of them arent recognised at all, so when i type CAT, its like the DDI3 resets itself, whilst in Rockstar case, it just freezes when you try and select your stars(what would have been side B on the tape).
Obviously im using disk images for all of these.
Any ideas?

Nich

Quote from: kingtreelo on 10:54, 13 February 22
So i have myself a DDI3, but have noticed that i cant some games to run on it, is there a compatability list somewhere?
For example, i can play Rockstar Ate my Hamster fine on winuae, but it doesnt work on my DDI3, same with BMX Sim and Super StuntCar, these are just 3 off the top of my head that i tried yesterday.
Some of them arent recognised at all, so when i type CAT, its like the DDI3 resets itself, whilst in Rockstar case, it just freezes when you try and select your stars(what would have been side B on the tape).
Obviously im using disk images for all of these.
Any ideas?

I don't own a DDI-3, but what machine are you using? Are you using 'original' disc images or cracked versions? If you are using cracks, some of them may only work if you have at least 128KB of RAM (I know all of the cracks of Rock Star Ate My Hamster that I've encountered require 128KB of RAM).

kingtreelo

thanks for the response
that explains away the Rockstar thing, i am using aa 464 with no additional RAM
as for cracked versions of the discs, im not sure, is there a place to grab the images from that arent cracks so i can check

eto

Quote from: kingtreelo on 13:01, 14 February 22is there a place to grab the images from that arent cracks so i can check

cpc-power.com usually has images from original media and cracks. Often in different variations.

E.g. here for Rockstar ate my hamster:
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=1824

kingtreelo

Quote from: Nich on 12:10, 14 February 22
I don't own a DDI-3, but what machine are you using? Are you using 'original' disc images or cracked versions? If you are using cracks, some of them may only work if you have at least 128KB of RAM (I know all of the cracks of Rock Star Ate My Hamster that I've encountered require 128KB of RAM).
Good shout, downloaded a few dsk images from the source the person below linked me and they are all working fine