News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Amstrad PCB's available

Started by cybertac, 23:42, 24 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

cybertac

Just a FYI for anyone interested - Rob now has the Amstrad CPC boards and component packs ready for sale on Tindie (as shown on Noel's video "
Building the World's Newest Amstrad CPC")

Looks like there are 100 in stock (well 99 now my order is in).

https://www.tindie.com/products/bobsbits/amstrad-cpc464-replica-pcb/

ikonsgr

Amazing job! This would resupply the stock of active Amstrad CPC's in the world!  :P
Only problem is where to find the IC's for it, especially the proprietary Amstrad 40010/40007 and the Roms, unless you have a eeprom programmer to burn them yourself. :) 

Bryce

The 40007 and 40010 are custom IC's, not EPROMs, you can't burn or program them.

I don't really see the point of these PCB's it's the part that's least likely to needed in a repair.

Bryce.

abalore

It's good to have ENIG expansion ports

Gryzor

As Bryce said. I have seen components falling but motherboards? I don't remember seeing any...

That said it does look nice, if it wasn't in the UK I would think about buying one just for looking at it😀

Bryce

Quote from: abalore on 11:31, 25 February 22It's good to have ENIG expansion ports
Don't confuse ENIG with the type of goldplating normally found on edge connectors. It's much thinner and wears off much quicker than proper goldplating. It's better than bare copper because it doesn't oxidise, but it's not as mechanically robust as standard HAL.

Bryce.

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:00, 26 February 22As Bryce said. I have seen components falling but motherboards? I don't remember seeing any...

That said it does look nice, if it wasn't in the UK I would think about buying one just for looking at it😀
You should see one that was donated to me...

Gryzor

TotO

That is retro-business only... Nothing interesting here. Better to keep the parts to fix your good old CPC and avoid to seen the prices to continue to increase by entering into this little game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)