News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BIG UPGRADE TO FORUM!!!

Started by Gryzor, 14:18, 22 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Yes it was and yes I'm aware and yes I'll try to bring it back. For the time being there's a YouTube bb icon to insert embedded videos, but of course it doesn't do much good for older links!

TotO

I hope that we will have some flat coloured themes at end. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

asertus

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:21, 23 February 22
Quote from: asertus on 18:20, 23 February 22It looks nice. Just as a remark, my browser always detects German as language, even if selected English or French.
That's... Super weird. Did you choose German at any point?

Got to say I love the mobile view!

For some reason, it is not happening anymore. I chose English (US) and removed the "automatic" translation in chrome. 

eto

Another one: 

Links from Google no longer work. Eg. this one:
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/rom-initialisation/

(and I am really excited the update was finally possible ... probably a few quirks here and there ... but that's normal for such a migration - thanks for the effort!)

andycadley

How very exciting, definitely seems a lot more mobile friendly than the old one which is handy as I mostly look at the site on my phone these days.

Anyway, I can read and write posts and that's pretty much every bit of functionality necessary to me, so I consider it 100% successful!  :laugh:

BSC

That's a nice one! And the mobile experience has finally become enjoyable. Thanks Gryzor!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

XeNoMoRPH

YouTube videos are not seen in the new forum as before?   :D
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

ComSoft6128

I've just posted a video (using the new YT icon) and it looks fine :)

Bryce

Ok, that looks different.

Bryce.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 08:18, 24 February 22I've just posted a video (using the new YT icon) and it looks fine :)

ah ... the new inserted videos are seen, the ones that were before are not, then

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Nworc

I'm missing the country flags that used to be shown next to the avatar.

I really liked that as it showed the cultural background of the person as well as it expressed how international this forum is.
And this is what I loved: that internationality of this forum.

That's now gone, kind of, as it's invisible.

norecess464

Congrats @Gryzor for the update, not an easy one! :)
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Gryzor

Sorry guys, no screen time yesterday... Let's see all the replies!

@TotO : what do you mean by "flat coloured schemes"? We cam change the colours btw, it's not hard. I chose this particular palette we're seeing right now because it's easy on the eye and has good contrast. If anyone is good with palette compilations we can build a new one :)

@asertus : you probably described the reason :D

@eto : first on my to-do list, as soon as I fix the package manager that presents some issues. Basically the URLs reverted to the forum-specific format instead of using human-readable, prettified URLs.

@andycadley , @BSC  : indeed it now looks great on mobile; finally it's a joy to use!

@XeNoMoRPH :second on my to-do list - media embedding.

@Bryce : don't sound so excited man, think of your heart!

@Nworc : I liked the little flags too, although people tended to abuse them sometimes :D Will see if I can bring them back.

@norecess : actually it turned out to be easier than expected! Although my heart was racing when I hit "go", the problems seem to be minor and am hoping they can be fixed. What I was afraid of was of it taking the whole server down as it's done in the past :D

Now let's start working on the mods...

Gryzor

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:55, 25 February 22Sorry guys, no screen time yesterday... Let's see all the replies!

@TotO : what do you mean by "flat coloured schemes"? We cam change the colours btw, it's not hard. I chose this particular palette we're seeing right now because it's easy on the eye and has good contrast. If anyone is good with palette compilations we can build a new one :)

@asertus : you probably described the reason :D

@eto : first on my to-do list, as soon as I fix the package manager that presents some issues. Basically the URLs reverted to the forum-specific format instead of using human-readable, prettified URLs.

@andycadley , @BSC  : indeed it now looks great on mobile; finally it's a joy to use!

@XeNoMoRPH :second on my to-do list - media embedding.

@Bryce : don't sound so excited man, think of your heart!

@Nworc : I liked the little flags too, although people tended to abuse them sometimes :D Will see if I can bring them back.

@norecess : actually it turned out to be easier than expected! Although my heart was racing when I hit "go", the problems seem to be minor and am hoping they can be fixed. What I was afraid of was of it taking the whole server down as it's done in the past :D

Now let's start working on the mods...

That was an extactically excited reaction for me. Why do I have an astrix under my Avatar, but others have coloured squares?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 13:12, 25 February 22Bryce.

Must be all the excitement?

No idea, to be honest.

Taking a break to play with my MiSTer MT-32 setup now, back in a few.

pelrun

The asterisk is present because it's the alt text for a membericon that doesn't exist (https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/Themes/default/images/membericons/medal.gif)

Gryzor

It's there now :) Thanks for the tip!

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:14, 25 February 22
Quote from: Bryce on 13:12, 25 February 22Bryce.

Must be all the excitement?

No idea, to be honest.

Taking a break to play with my MiSTer MT-32 setup now, back in a few.

And I'm busy building a ScopeTrex*

Bryce.

* No not really, just trying to annoy you. I'd like to be building it, but I don't have the time right now.

Gryzor

Oh, we're in the same boat: I really, really don't have the time to build a ScopeTrex!

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:09, 25 February 22Oh, we're in the same boat: I really, really don't have the time to build a ScopeTrex!
Completely off topic, but I just ordered Seán Kelly's Vectrex MultiCart 3.0 so that I can test it when it's finished. :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 20:24, 25 February 22
Quote from: Gryzor on 20:09, 25 February 22Oh, we're in the same boat: I really, really don't have the time to build a ScopeTrex!
Completely off topic, but I just ordered Seán Kelly's Vectrex MultiCart 3.0 so that I can test it when it's finished. :)

Bryce.

I'll implement the off topic button on Monday, but I didn't know there were more versions. I'd say I have... v1? What are the differences? More games?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:35, 25 February 22
Quote from: Bryce on 20:24, 25 February 22

Bryce.

I'll implement the off topic button on Monday, but I didn't know there were more versions. I'd say I have... v1? What are the differences? More games?
More ROM Space is the only real difference I know of.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Forum width set to 85%.

Gryzor

Media (like YouTube) are again embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNA0NOz-rJc

This should work retroactively on previously posted links/media.