News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BIG UPGRADE TO FORUM!!!

Started by Gryzor, 14:18, 22 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Tweets are now once again embedded. Should also work retroactively for previously posted twitter links.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:01, 28 February 22Media (like YouTube) are again embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNA0NOz-rJc

This should work retroactively on previously posted links/media.
I've just checked two vids of mine from a few months ago - both OK!

Gryzor

Cool, one down, a few to go :)

Gryzor

Off topic button/code added

Off-Topic: ShowHide
And now I'm gonna get some coffee.

eto

I had now 2 situations, where I was no longer able to edit text, when editing:

I was typing a normal reply, then recognised a typo and tried to change a previous part of the text. When I do that, once I hit any key, the cursor jumps back to the end of the text. 

Not sure if that only happens in Quick Reply or also the normal reply... Anyone else has experienced that?

Gryzor

Hmm haven't encountered that, will keep an eye out for it... Browser? 

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:37, 03 March 22Hmm haven't encountered that, will keep an eye out for it... Browser? 

Chrome on Mac - I will also check if I recognize a pattern or if it also happens on Firefox.

Gryzor

Ok, top menu is now editable!

To begin with I added a link to CPCWiki proper at the beginning of the row. But I'd like to ask your opinions/requests about what else to add. Can be a forum location, an action, an arbitrary link, a menu with sub-entries (other sites?)... you name it. It's quite flexible in what it can do.

As a bonus there can now be a bottom menu (currently only shows "Community") above the footer, but I can't see much use for it.

Let me know what you think!!

Font Awesome doesn't quite work right yet, trying to make the CPCWiki icon a custom one but all I get is an "app window" generic icon...

Gryzor

Can people tell me how the forum looks for you? Does it have the gradient effect or not? Look at the screenshots... Thanks! 

ComSoft6128

Looking at the picture on the RH side - no, I don't see the (grey) gradient effect

Gryzor

Thanks. Oh, also if you could report OS and browser it'd help!

ComSoft6128

Windows 8.1 and Chrome.

Jean-Marie

No eye-candy for me  :-[
Using Windows 11 & MS Edge, latest versions.

Gryzor

Thanks.

To clarify: the gradients are not supposed to be there, but I got a report that they do appear, but can't confirm...

ComSoft6128

Not bothered either way but the red tab notification "indicator" is missed

Gryzor

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 09:13, 10 March 22Not bothered either way but the red tab notification "indicator" is missed
You mean in the browser? A notification icon on the tab?

ComSoft6128

Gryzor

Will have to check that out. What did the notification signify for you? I don't remember if I ever had it...

ComSoft6128

Likes definitely, quotes and mails as well?

I didn't bother raising it previously because it wasn't major and I thought "leave the man alone he's been working like a dog recently!"

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:54, 10 March 22Can people tell me how the forum looks for you? Does it have the gradient effect or not? Look at the screenshots... Thanks!

No Greyscaling here either. Win10 / Firefox 9768 (or whatever number they are up to now).

Bryce.

eto

no gradient - Most recent Chrome, Mac OS

Gryzor

Thanks guys, appears to be an isolated thing, strangely enough.

If anyone wants to try their hand at creating a CPC-related color scheme (green maybe! :D ) I can share the colour  details...

Nworc

I see the gradient on a Gecko based browser, in the section
    /* start of Color Changer mod output */ ... /* end of Color Changer mod output */
replace
    {background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, transparent 0%, #ffffff 70%);}
by
    {}
and they are gone. (that's the 2nd gradient in the block)

Gryzor

Thanks for the feedback; I did see it in the stylesheet, but I'd prefer not to touch things manually - at least as much as I can avoid it...

The thing is that according to the theme I've edited there shouldn't be different colours (i.e. start and end colours should be the same), and I'm at a loss as to why only Gecko (?) is actually rendering it.

Nworc

I think it's a bug in the implementation of some browsers, 0% means a stop position at the beginning, somehow the browser is doing it wrong. If you want to keep it most compatible, just replacing the 0% by 1% would fix the issue for these browsers and would have no impact at all on all others, so makes the page more compatible:

{background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, transparent 1%, #ffffff 70%);}