News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New old member.

Started by RobertM, 06:11, 27 March 22

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Hi, I've been here before because my browser has a username / login even several computers later.
I have a CPC 6128 and it's been packed away for several years. It also has a PAL to VGA converter that I out together and a kind of WiFi-does-everything card that I don't think I got to use before it was packed away.
Unpacking cleaning and repacking stuff that has been in storage for many years. I ran away and lived in the bush in Australia with all the deadly creatures lol. Literally I did, I was early 50's then. I had to come back as I had taken something to the bush with me - Cancer from when I was younger and smoked.

So I came back and you lot have been having a pandemic and using up all the worlds toilet paper. You've elected the worlds most strange leaders, what is with Boris Johnson hair? And it looks like the cold war is over and WWIII is on the way. Oh and that financial crisis ... Global Warming ... Recession. Did I miss something? I think I ned to go back to the bush lol. 

Now I have lots of time in the house as I have little mobility after surgery for the cancer (i'ts gone).

I use to program in machine code on the TRS-80 and I think I might have done some one the CPC 6128 when I had one when I was about almost 40 years younger.

When I get there, hopefully soon as there's a lot to clean including the CPC. I socketed the RAM when I got it as it has some dead RAM chips so if it's dead again it shouldn't be hard to fix.

This WiFi thing can do lot's of things I can't remeber like load ROMs I think. I hoping to find an ASM and work on something somewhere in RAM where I can dump and load it using the BASIC memory load dump commands and ??? probably it goes to SD card or something. It has a 3.5 Floppy conversion but I don't have disks as far as I know - lost along the way.

So what is a good RAM location to work with. Can I do something by starting a BASIC program and append ASM in memory after that an save load it that way or can I do a dump for the ASM and screen. From memory the screendump was easy just reset the default CRTC regs first with something like a MODE x:CLS

Audronic

@RobertM 

Welcome Back, Hope it works.

Keep Safe

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Welcome back , and thanks for sharing your story!

Lots of respect for someone who comes back from the wild, had an operation (all my wishes) and then says "right, let's socket those RAM chips" 😀

How someone can help you!

skylas

Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET!, PENALTY KICKS!, CAPITAL QUIZ!, CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition), HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ), HEART CHASER 1,2,3!, BARBOUTI!, STROOPIE!, AMSTABOO!
TEXT ADVENTURES:
BUDRUMI!, ART WAR!, BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!, RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE 1 and 2!