News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Greetings From Dublin, Ireland

Started by Rurnin Bubber, 19:40, 28 March 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rurnin Bubber

Hi all, 

Recently got back into retro hardware collecting, and there's always been an Amstrad shaped hole in my collection. I've bought a very beat up 464 for restoration/repair, and I've also bought a nice condition GX4000, because I've always had a soft spot for them.

In time I'd love a 6128 Plus, but that'll have to wait for now! Anyway, just said I'd say hi, and thanks for having me! 

BSC

Welcome to the forums! I also have a 464 (since 1985!), a GX4000 (bought in the 90s, never used it) and a 6128 since a few years. Have fun, there's a lot going on here. 
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Rurnin Bubber

Quote from: BSC on 20:22, 28 March 22Welcome to the forums! I also have a 464 (since 1985!), a GX4000 (bought in the 90s, never used it) and a 6128 since a few years. Have fun, there's a lot going on here.
My first memory ever of anything Amstrad, is seeing Postman Pat on a 464 through a green CRT Amstrad monitor (GT65). I've ordered one of those to pair with my 464....it was probably in the late 80s that memory, not too far behind you! 

Animalgril987

Welcome  :D
My brother and I were given  a 464 as a Christmas present in 1984.
I can't remember what happened to that one, but we got a 6128 a couple of years later, I no longer have. And now I have another 464.

Rurnin Bubber

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 22:11, 28 March 22Welcome  :D
My brother and I were given  a 464 as a Christmas present in 1984.
I can't remember what happened to that one, but we got a 6128 a couple of years later, I no longer have. And now I have another 464.

Selling, buying, reselling, rebuying....an all too familiar tale for me. This time I'm buying, and that's it! 

Bryce

Welcome,
      hope the restoration / repairs go well. If you have problems let us know. I can even give tips in a (North) Dublin accent. :)

Bryce.

Rurnin Bubber

Quote from: Bryce on 08:33, 29 March 22Welcome,
      hope the restoration / repairs go well. If you have problems let us know. I can even give tips in a (North) Dublin accent. :)

Bryce.
Ah good man Bryce, we can put the age old Northsider/Southsider battle to one side, all in the name of Amstrad  :D Cheers for the help

Bryce

Ohhh.... You're a southsider, then you can stick your CPC....  :D  Only joking! Good to have another Dubliner in the group. There are a few other Dubliners (Northsiders) and Irish here too. :)

Bryce.

Rurnin Bubber

Quote from: Bryce on 08:40, 29 March 22Ohhh.... You're a southsider, then you can stick your CPC....  :D  Only joking! Good to have another Dubliner in the group. There are a few other Dubliners (Northsiders) and Irish here too. :)

Bryce.
Yep, for my sins. The civilised side of Dublin I like to say.....

/runs  :)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 08:33, 29 March 22Welcome,

Bryce.
No he bloody well can't. He's spent so much time away from the motherland that nobody can even describe what his accent is anymore. 
It sounds part pikey, part Cavan and part German at this stage!  :laugh:

Sorry Bryce, I love you man, but even a Ross O'Carroll-Kelly accent is more distinguishable!
See you around Easter hopefully. :D

Shaun (North Dublin, Finglas... what you lookin' ah'?)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

MaV

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 16:07, 29 March 22No he bloody well can't. He's spent so much time away from the motherland that nobody can even describe what his accent is anymore. 
It sounds part pikey, part Cavan and part German at this stage!  :laugh:

Sorry Bryce, I love you man, but even a Ross O'Carroll-Kelly accent is more distinguishable!
See you around Easter hopefully. :D
We all know you like to piss off people, but way to go, Shaun! There goes your chance of getting a free repair on Easter. :D You'll be paying by the minute in pints of Guiness!

@Rurnin Bubber : Welcome to the forum!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: MaV on 12:50, 30 March 22We all know you like to piss off people, but way to go, Shaun! There goes your chance of getting a free repair on Easter. :D You'll be paying by the minute in pints of Guiness!
Not as much as people love to express their faux outrage, Mav. ;)
Bryce and I go back a way, I reckon we'll be okay.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

MaV

I figured as much, but first you start moaning about Bryce losing his accent, and the next time you'll boast about your pefect Irish skills (which you learned a few years at school at most), and we all know how this is going to end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydSNgr97gSY

:D :D :D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Shaun M. Neary

Should have gone with what you figured Mav, you don't know me.

Show's over. Find someone else to troll. :)