News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bug Powell is back in cpc business

Started by Bug Powell, 16:44, 19 March 22

Previous topic - Next topic

what effect would you like me to do for my next intro?

a wave scroller
9 (40.9%)
some raster bars
4 (18.2%)
a slide show
2 (9.1%)
a black screen
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: 14:45, 03 May 22

Bug Powell

hello i am back on my cpc with a good news for you all, i made a little intro that i will release in revision party in some weeks. my intro is not a revolution but i enjoyed to do it. also i want to thank the special guest that helped me a lot. you will discover who he is in the intro.
i hope that other cpc demo groups will release something in revision. benediction, vanity, impact or other? 

Bug Powell

also i think you all wonder if the special guest is toto. no he is not  :P

Gryzor

I don't think anyone really wonders, but looking forward to your intro! 🙂

Bug Powell

it seems only 4 people are interested........
where are the demomakers? do you read cpc wiki forum?

TotO

Quote from: Bug Powell on 16:44, 19 March 22hello i am back on my cpc with a good news for you all, i made a little intro that i will release in revision party in some weeks. my intro is not a revolution but i enjoyed to do it.
Great to know! Waiting to watch your production for the Revision event.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Kris

We are all waiting for your production  ;D

Nworc

Quote from: Bug Powellit seems only 4 people are interested........
where are the demomakers? do you read cpc wiki forum?

Hi,

I always love to see new productions for the CPC, especially if it's a demo. I would say, the response of 4 likes is pretty good for a production we haven't seen yet - as I saw responses on already released stuff with fewer reactions. I don't know why the overall response on demos here is low - that would be a discussion on it's own - I think the majority of poeple is more interested into games. If you want to do a game, endless threads will almost be guaranteed, and you can even talk about it for years before it's done.

Demos belong to the category of art. So, thumbs up for doing art!

PS: I initially also wanted to release for Revision, however I coundn't make it in time. Well ... but there's no need to hurry anyway, we are doing it for fun, and I'll add some more parts *sigh*.

tjohnson

I got to say I'm not that interested in demos and even less so ones that I know nothing about and no information is shared, drop some sort of  screen shot a video something and then maybe some interest.

Bug Powell

3 weeks before release! are you all impatient?

gurneyh

It depends. Will there be a scrolling text in French?  ;D
Seriously, I'm curious to see someone from the c64 producing on cpc. Maybe some fresh ideas?

Bug Powell

actually not so fresh ideas in my intro. it is a first try, do not forget it. but i tried to do the best i could.
@eto : did you want to tell me something?

roudoudou

Quote from: Bug Powell on 10:04, 30 March 22actually not so fresh ideas in my intro. it is a first try, do not forget it. but i tried to do the best i could.
@eto : did you want to tell me something?
there is many "line per line" FX missing on CPC

many 2D pattern with only 8 lines for the whole screen (like checker, but also kind of fractal design)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Bug Powell

Quote from: roudoudou on 13:56, 30 March 22
Quote from: Bug Powell on 10:04, 30 March 22actually not so fresh ideas in my intro. it is a first try, do not forget it. but i tried to do the best i could.
@eto : did you want to tell me something?
there is many "line per line" FX missing on CPC

many 2D pattern with only 8 lines for the whole screen (like checker, but also kind of fractal design)
do you have some examples about what you are talking? it interests me a lot!

roudoudou

Quote from: Bug Powell on 16:33, 30 March 22
Quote from: roudoudou on 13:56, 30 March 22many 2D pattern with only 8 lines for the whole screen (like checker, but also kind of fractal design)

goatlight
coma light
natural wonder
uncensored

i do not find anymore the infinite fractal zoomer, but that for sure doable on CPC
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Optimus

Quote from: roudoudou on 20:15, 30 March 22
Quote from: roudoudou on 13:56, 30 March 22many 2D pattern with only 8 lines for the whole screen (like checker, but also kind of fractal design)

goatlight
coma light
natural wonder
uncensored

i do not find anymore the infinite fractal zoomer, but that for sure doable on CPC

Isn't the so called fractal zoomer (more like feedback effect) done in the latest Benediction demo? ( https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=88554 )

But yeah, there are so many new things that can be done on CPC, when watching demos in other platforms there are so many ideas. Only if I wasn't lazy...

Bug Powell

i will try for my second demo!

Bug Powell

i added a poll for my next intro, please give me your opinion

Bug Powell

at the moment, 3 people want a wave scroller. and 2 people want me to stop the cpc as barjack.

trocoloco

I would like to see what you can do on the CPC coming from the C64. All the best with it. Ánimo

MaV

Not sure, why anyone would like to see a black screen. I take this was a joke entry. Out of all these options, I want to see a wave scroller.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Nworc

Quote from: roudoudou on 20:15, 30 March 22

goatlight
coma light
natural wonder
uncensored

While you said, "coma light", I can't resist to post a link to one of my favorite C64 demos from Oxyron: Coma Light 13!

This demo is a example on good demo coding, in my opinion, as it shows that a good demo is not just a video player producing compressed video on the screen, (even though compression and precalculation is used on of all sort of things).

This demo is an unbelievable treasure chest, effects come and go in a 10 sec interval (rough estimate) while running approx. 10 minutes! Unbelievable how much work went into this production. Attention paid to every detail. The whole show is an endless transition of effects, and shows how important it is to do transitions, the result is sooo beautiful ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxbcFqTdX8

The only ugly part is the hardware of the C64 that just can't produce beautiful colors. So if you would do any of effects on the CPC, it would look better just because of nicer colours.

Gryzor

Bug Powell

5 people want me to stop cpc... it makes me sad.
@Barjack, @TotO, @Gryzor, what do you think about my poll? what did you answer?

eto

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:17, 04 April 225 people want me to stop cpc... it makes me sad.
once you proof that you actually release something that is worth watching, people will probably start voting for other options. 2 weeks to go, then we finally see what until now is just vaporware. (btw: I did not vote, I'm waiting for the Revision release).

gurneyh

Let's just say that the proposals are not very exciting.
You can find it all here
https://rasmlive.amstrad.info/browse

without any fanfare :)

For example:
https://rasmlive.amstrad.info/edit/n6d8d5djzYSKKjGSA