News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BOX Art Artist 80's AMSTRAD, AMIGA...

Started by grouik1er, 13:52, 20 April 22

Previous topic - Next topic

grouik1er

Hi,

For i was researching for a Shufflepuck Cafe poster on internet then i'm wondering who is these artists who made these intemporals box art.

Lot of them are from Bob Wakelin (R.I.P), an etsy page exist with his work, most A3 or A2 format, no A4 or A5 : Bob Wakelin

I found an another etsy page with amiga covert art : RobertDayStudio

On this spanish site a seller with a lot oh 80's stuff and a lot original poster game in A4 (Rick Dangerous, Game over, Barbarian, Antiriad, ...) : postersdecine

So Artist Name to be completed:
Bob Wakelin (The more we know)
Gary Ruddell (Shufflepuck cafe)
Luis Ruyo (lots of spanish game like captain trueno, game over, satan, after the war,...)
Grabuge (Knight Force, Targhan, ...)

Do you know another one ?
What are your favorite box art ?

On my side i try to restore old box art using AI software like topaz or realesrgan, i try on the avenger box art found on genesis8 and an splendid shufflepuck cafe art found on an auction website.
Result here

trocoloco

Alfonso Aspiri's artwork is outstanding, surely his work is familiar to you if you played games like Lorna, Game Over, Army Moves, Viaje Al Centro de La Tierra, Freddy Hardest, Mot, Phantis, Sirwood, Abu Simbel Profanation and many more...

robcfg

A couple of corrections  :D

It's Alfonso Azpiri (with z), Game Over is not his (see below) and Freddy Hardest's illustration is a work by Enrique Ventura.

Then there some other great illustrators like Luis Royo (Game Over, Navy Moves, After the War), Juan Gimenez (Toi Acid Game, Sol Negro, Mutan Zone), Fernando San Gregorio (Aspar G.P. Master, Drazen Petrovic Basket) and more that I'm surely forgetting...

trocoloco

Quote from: robcfg on 19:01, 20 April 22A couple of corrections  :D

It's Alfonso Azpiri (with z), Game Over is not his (see below) and Freddy Hardest's illustration is a work by Enrique Ventura.

uuups my bad. You're absolutely right, thanks for pointing out    :D

by the way, here's a link with information about more illustrators (in Spanish)

robcfg

Gryzor

Any other sellers in mainland Europe? Those Wakelin prints look so cool, but UK = customs etc... :(