News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Locomotive BASIC Game: P4: Return to Ganymede.

Started by abalore, 18:48, 15 May 22

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS

Lessons learned - you can do that game fully compatible with using the quite unknow USING "&" - I had to search my brains very old backup tapes to get it work :D

And - you need to be patient enough to play all levels to get rid of last "bugs".

New version ici You cannot view this attachment.

abalore

Quote from: SRS on 20:00, 18 May 22Lessons learned - you can do that game fully compatible with using the quite unknow USING "&" - I had to search my brains very old backup tapes to get it work :D

And - you need to be patient enough to play all levels to get rid of last "bugs".

New version ici You cannot view this attachment.

Added to the first post!

Gryzor

Now someone do a poke loader for the full treatment 😄

darksteph

New video on my Youtube DarkArcade channel on this excellent game. I had fun, even if I didn't see the good ending because I didn't go out  :P 

DarkSteph

Gryzor

Funny how a BASIC game gets a map and a walkthrough video, though I guess it shows how good it is!

Now to wait for the final version of BASIC Tetris... :)

Prodatron

Congratulation Abalore, this game is really cool!
It has a very nice feeling like these great platform games from the good early times. Once you found out how you really can control the player it is great to play.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:31, 20 May 22Funny how a BASIC game gets a map and a walkthrough video, though I guess it shows how good it is!

There are far worse commercial games.

This would have been a great type-in in the 80s and probably with a bit of tweaking it would work as a framework, where games/levels could be added just by changing the data and adding a few lines of specific logic. Imagine that - every 2 or 3 months a new level and you only have to type in a half a page. I would have loved that as a kid :-)

Great game!

Gryzor

asertus

Quote from: eto on 12:07, 20 May 22
Quote from: Gryzor on 11:31, 20 May 22Funny how a BASIC game gets a map and a walkthrough video, though I guess it shows how good it is!

There are far worse commercial games.

This would have been a great type-in in the 80s and probably with a bit of tweaking it would work as a framework, where games/levels could be added just by changing the data and adding a few lines of specific logic. Imagine that - every 2 or 3 months a new level and you only have to type in a half a page. I would have loved that as a kid :-)

Great game!

Actually, a real winner in CPCRetrodev BASIC category .... 

j0nx

Read bout it on IRN. Nice little gem. :) Thanks!