News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ALCON 2020 ORDER (second batch)

Started by TotO, 09:58, 25 May 22

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Abalore and TotO are proud to announce the ALCON 2020 Physical Edition! (last one)

Please follow this link to find out more and click on the "contact us!" button to open a new email in which you can specify the desired quantity and your questions. This second batch can be combined with the Play2CPC!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Hahaha I saw the announcement and my first instinct was "ooh where's the Buy button", then I thought "wait, didn't I already buy this?" :D Then I read the first line again...

TotO

Sure, you can buy it two times! :P (I will add some more topics for you)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Actually, if I had read it just a half hour later...

TotO

You want it, and receive it 30mn later!!! :o

Gryzor

Now THAT's what I call service!

TotO

Yeah... Amazon can learn now! 8)

TotO

Some peoples asking how to reorder ALCON 2020 and the Play2CPC.
Please, see the top post and ask a bundle to get both together! ;)

Neil79

omg!! Hey TOTO how about this gorgeous box in my IndieRetroNews collection!  ;D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

pacomix

Can this be played straight in a 6128 or 464 or requires some kind of expansion unit?

abalore

Quote from: pacomix on 21:43, 30 May 22Can this be played straight in a 6128 or 464 or requires some kind of expansion unit?

In the standard CPC range (non plus) it requires a cartridge adapter, like our Play2CPC. You can find all the information about it here in the forum.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: abalore on 22:25, 30 May 22
Quote from: pacomix on 21:43, 30 May 22Can this be played straight in a 6128 or 464 or requires some kind of expansion unit?

In the standard CPC range (non plus) it requires a cartridge adapter, like our Play2CPC. You can find all the information about it here in the forum.

Hi Abalore, and why the regular cpc range needs this adapter? Isnt there a normal cpc version to work in the regular back port of the cpc?

abalore

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 19:47, 31 May 22

Hi Abalore, and why the regular cpc range needs this adapter? Isnt there a normal cpc version to work in the regular back port of the cpc?

What "normal CPC version" games you know that connect to the expansion port?

jesusdelmas

Quote from: abalore on 20:39, 31 May 22

Los amores de brunilda, or any that can be in the cpc dandanator that you just conect the cartidge to the expansión port and works. 

abalore

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 21:21, 31 May 22

Los amores de brunilda, or any that can be in the cpc dandanator that you just conect the cartidge to the expansión port and works.

So Dandanator is a "normal CPC version" and an Amstrad cartridge is not?  :picard:

jesusdelmas

Quote from: abalore on 21:31, 31 May 22

So Dandanator is a "normal CPC version" and an Amstrad cartridge is not?  :picard:

Whats the diference between them? As i know, the amstrad cartridge is just for the plus series and the gx right?

abalore

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 21:52, 31 May 22
Quote from: abalore on 21:31, 31 May 22

Whats the diference between them? As i know, the amstrad cartridge is just for the plus series and the gx right?

You said there is a difference, telling the Dandanator is "normal CPC version" and the cartridge isn't. But actually there are several differences:

- The Plus cartridge is plug and play, you insert and play. The Dandanator requires to be connected to a PC and written every time you want to play a different game.

- "Los amores de Brunilda" has been published for DES, which is another cartridge adapter, more expensive and with less features than Play2CPC.

- The Plus cartridge is an Amstrad native format, so yes, you can play in a Plus and in a GX4000. For DES games, you need the expensive adapter in the Plus too, and you can't play on a GX4000.

Gryzor

TotO

Well... ALCON 2020 use 64K RAM and the standard Amstrad cartridge format to be able to play it with the same media on all the systems (CPC 464, CPC 664, CPC 6128, 464plus, 6128plus, GX4000). It is just obvious that an Amstrad cartridge slot expansion is required for the CPC, because it sadly came out earlier without it.

jesusdelmas

Thanks for the explanations Abalore ans toto, ;)

kingtreelo

do you mean the "contact us" button?

also, what is the price for this shipped to the UK?

TotO

Quote from: kingtreelo on 14:33, 04 June 22do you mean the "contact us" button?

That is the goal of the "contact us" button. ;)

kingtreelo

Quote from: TotO on 16:14, 04 June 22
Quote from: kingtreelo on 14:33, 04 June 22do you mean the "contact us" button?

That is the goal of the "contact us" button. ;)
yeah, the main post has been altered now to reflect this i see :P

TotO

Quote from: kingtreelo on 16:56, 04 June 22yeah, the main post has been altered now to reflect this i see :P
Yes, I have updated the first post to be more clear. :)

TotO

The second batch is closed since two weeks.
I have started to ship the games.