News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ALCON 2020 PRE-ORDER (first batch)

Started by TotO, 18:02, 02 January 22

Previous topic - Next topic

eto

This evening will be Alcon-evening :-) 

The parcel arrived and the first impression is: OUTSTANDING. Absolutely professional.

MaV

Quote from: eto on 11:43, 12 July 22The parcel arrived and the first impression is: OUTSTANDING. Absolutely professional.
Hey, I'm too old for hype! (or I thought I was. :D )
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

eto

What an amazing game! I didn't manage to get to level 2 yet and we definitely have different definitions what "easy" means ;-) 

But wow! Awesome. Great fun!

One thing: the PCB in the cartridge is quite wobbly and e.g. on my Plus I have to bend the whole cartridge slightly so it properly connects. is it possible to open the cartridge without breaking it to check if I can fix the PCB again?

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 09:05, 09 July 22All the games and combo versions with Play2CPC and/or Centronics adapters was sent.
Any news on when the standalone Play2CPC interfaces will be sent. I cannot wait to test this on something other than my plus with a PlayCity attached!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Shaun M. Neary

Would be nice to get ETA's at least. Nothing definite but even an idea of times would be something to look forward to. :) 

In the meantime, Craig... fire up the GX4000. I have my previous score to beat. :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:36, 28 July 22Would be nice to get ETA's at least. Nothing definite but even an idea of times would be something to look forward to. :)

In the meantime, Craig... fire up the GX4000. I have my previous score to beat. :D
Damn it, you mean I need to get the 6128plus out? So you can have the 6 channel audio with it?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:04, 28 July 22Any news on when the standalone Play2CPC interfaces will be sent.
I suggest to post on the Play2CPC topic.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zhulien

Hi Everyone, just a quick question as I don't have a CPC-compatible CRT.  I'm using an LCD that has scart input - I found that usually when staring to play Alcon (gameplay), it isn't scrolling silky smooth - but then if i die a few times it will be 100% perfect (it can alternate between dies and games).  I've thought it is either a game bug, or an incompatibility with my LCD TV.  Can anyone confirm this?

Slap Fight has always been one of my favourite arcade games and the CPC version is probably one of if not the best arcade conversion I can think of - at least for scrolling shoot em ups.  Moon Cresta is up there too for scrolling stars shoot em ups.

From memory in Alcon, if you choose to sacrifice your life without shooting anyone, you get automatically powered up, that appears missing - but not really a critisism - amazingly good game on the CPC!

eto

My Alcon cartridge has a bit of a loose connection. I have to slightly bend it both in the Plus as in the Play2CPC to start the game - and sometimes it crashes during gameplay. The PCB seems to not be fixed in its position. Any idea what I can do to fix that?

GUNHED

Quote from: eto on 14:09, 23 November 22My Alcon cartridge has a bit of a loose connection. I have to slightly bend it both in the Plus as in the Play2CPC to start the game - and sometimes it crashes during gameplay. The PCB seems to not be fixed in its position. Any idea what I can do to fix that?
Desolder the edge connector and put a Centronics connector on it. But _BEWARE_ not to mix the contacts. Centronics and edge are exchange. (Oben und Unten ist vertausch, also bitte immer kontrollieren. Hab da schon mal was falsch rum angelötet in der Eile).
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

eto

Quote from: GUNHED on 15:01, 24 November 22Desolder the edge connector and put a Centronics connector on it. But _BEWARE_ not to mix the contacts.
It's not the computer, it's the cartridge that has a loose PCB and doesn't make a reliable connection with the cartridge slot.

I have a problems in the Plus, the GX4000 and in the Play2CPC.

TotO

Quote from: eto on 14:09, 23 November 22My Alcon cartridge has a bit of a loose connection. I have to slightly bend it both in the Plus as in the Play2CPC to start the game - and sometimes it crashes during gameplay. The PCB seems to not be fixed in its position. Any idea what I can do to fix that?
May be the cartridge contacts are not right? Take a look under it if something has moved, please.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GUNHED

Ah, crap, the Cartridge itself. Hope you get it right.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

eto

Quote from: TotO on 15:23, 24 November 22
May be the cartridge contacts are not right? Take a look under it if something has moved, please.

The PCB is loose. When I shake the cartridge, it rattles. I have also opened it to see if I can fix it, but there is just too much space, so it can't be fixated. I will try if I can fixate it with some tape, so that the cartridge shell applies some pressure to the PCB and keeps it in its position.