News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Want to delete my account and all posts

Started by WiltshireWizard, 12:28, 29 July 22

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

I liked it more like before that there was only one post for each answer, now this thread occupies the entire recent posts forum.

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Hmmm remind me in two weeks if you'd be kind enough, just went on leave so no laptop for a couple of weeks at least... 🙂

Gryzor

Oh nice. Phi2x, after deleting all his posts, felt like posting a scatological picture here...  :picard2:

I don't think anyone got to see it as I wake up pretty early, but apologies if anyone did.

What on earth possesses grown up men to behave like pimple faced 12 year olds I'll never understand..

Axel

Quote from: Gryzor on 03:59, 30 July 22What on earth possesses grown up men to behave like pimple faced 12 year olds I'll never understand..
That could be the reason why he deletes his posts on social media a short time later. 
Because whenever he writes something, he's 12 years old, and when he deletes it later on, he's grown up.
Back and forth, back and forth. Like a multiple personality switching between two modes.

Fun fact:
In real life you can't delete what you have done.
You can't hit your wife with a baseball-bat and later on "delete it".
And you can't call her a whore and later on delete it.
Be always careful of what you do and say, everytime and everywhere.

Gryzor

Though I agree on principle, this is why he'd delete *some* of them, not spend gods know how much time to delete them all! 

tjohnson

Best thing to do I think is perm ban people who do this, it be destroys the "community" and value is people start doing this kind of thing.

Gryzor

Well yes, but banning them after the fact does little... Anyhow, editing is now permitted only for 60 minutes, so hopefully it'll prevent future vandalism of the sort. 

robcfg

Nice! What happens if a user decides to delete an account? Would the posts remain but without the original name?

Gryzor

I think they appear under [Deleted User]  or something like that. I think I can also attribute them to another user. 

TotO

The nickname allows people to be anonymous, so there no reason to change it in theory.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Animalgril987

I must be showing my age, I had to Google "doxxing". ;)

And the reason guys can  behave like pimply 12 year olds, is because deep down inside, that's what most of them still are, it's just a lot closer to the surface in some!  :D

Bryce

That's why I mostly quote posts, so that there's a non-editable record of what was actually said, that the other poster can neither edit nor delete. @WiltshireWizard : This request of yours may answer your original post of never having started a family. Women tend not to like men who are shallow and don't stand by what they've said in the past.

Bryce.

Skunkfish

Ooh, cutting there Bryce!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Animalgril987

This topic is going to look really odd if WiltshireWizard deletes his original post...

Gryzor

eto

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 17:17, 31 July 22This topic is going to look really odd if WiltshireWizard deletes his original post...
Posts can no longe be edited 60 minutes after they are created.

So, just in case in 10 years really someone is searching for WiltshireWizard's stuff on the net, it's no longer random stuff about retro computing, which nobody would care about. Now it's about his character.

Gryzor

Thing is, I have literally no idea why he would do that. Changing his mind? About what? 

Gryzor

By the way thanks for all the support, it's nice to see I'm not the crazy one. 

Animalgril987

Hey, we're mad about computers that are nearly 40 years old, we're ALL crazy  :D

Gryzor