News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Demo channel

Started by GOB, 13:30, 17 August 22

Previous topic - Next topic

GOB

Hello to you.
As I don't see some demos on youtube, I decided to put them there.
So I created a playlist for the demos and for each megademo a dedicated playlist.
In order not to pollute the forum I would therefore put the updates following this message by including the possible playlists in this first message.
You will therefore find the "demos" playlist here:Démos CPC
and the playlists for the following megademo:
Voyage 93
Megaparty démo 92
Unique mégademo
The Demo

Do not hesitate to subscribe ;)

Mage

CPC demos and megademos deserve good rip and visibility on YT, and those playlist are another good idea of yours.

Based on our PMs, you have probably guessed that ... i thank you for this work !

Prodatron

@GOB, very cool!! Thanks for this channel and its playlists for each demo and part! :)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

BSC

Great project, but it would be even better if you used English for the description etc so more people would be able to find, appreciate and interact with it! You can do it :)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Gryzor

Nice effort, thanks!

GOB

Seems that i can't modify the first post...
So, here is the Divine Megademo !!!

There are two parts that don't work on any emulator (the first and the 7th), so i'll add them later...

GOB

Divine Megademo is now complet.

GOB

ComSoft6128

Quote from: GOB on 13:27, 27 August 22Power System Megademo 1995 is now complet.
I liked that :)

Do you have any info on the The 4-voice MOD player?

GOB

Sorry no info. I know it use that also on Divine Megademo but nothing else.

Mage

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 13:41, 27 August 22
Quote from: GOB on 13:27, 27 August 22Power System Megademo 1995 is now complet.

Do you have any info on the The 4-voice MOD player?

It was coded by Antoine Pitrou, but I don't know which other information to give you (if I can help) ?

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Mage on 17:26, 27 August 22

It was coded by Antoine Pitrou, but I don't know which other information to give you (if I can help) ?
Cheers,

I've listened to the soundtrack thru a decent amp/speakers and it sounds like a sample of some kind - is it a sample from a 16 Bit?

Mage

I'm involved on both PWRS System Megademo Intro and Divine Part 1 "Composite".

Both use "MOD"ules from Amiga or Atari. Thoses MOD files were indeed using samples. The technical challenge on CPC was to play them at a high rate in order to have a decent sound quality.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Mage on 18:07, 27 August 22I'm involved on both PWRS System Megademo Intro and Divine Part 1 "Composite".

Both use "MOD"ules from Amiga or Atari. Thoses MOD files were indeed using samples. The technical challenge on CPC was to play them at a high rate in order to have a decent sound quality.
Thanks for the info. This is an area I know very little about so I find this interesting.

BSC

Quote from: Mage on 17:26, 27 August 22

Are you still in touch with Antoine? I (and surely others) would like to hear some technical details about the player.

PS: Holy moly, the BSC music is strong in this demo.
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Mage

I have very sparse contact with him, but I'll contact him in few months if I dump anything related to him in my old floppy.