News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Various VIDI Screens

Started by ComSoft6128, 18:26, 02 November 22

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

These are various screens grabbed from documentaries and other TV programmes from the late eighties and early nineties using the Rombo VIdi DIgitiser (VIDI) peripheral. One or two of these screens have featured in previous videos and in fact two of them are not actually VIDI grabs - can you guess which ones?
The soundtrack is provided by free "Futuristic" SFX from YouTube.

Best when viewed on a large screen.

Link:
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/VIDI_digitizer#Manual

Not emulated - original hardware and software.
Please note that  the aspect ratio for this YouTube video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor
has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.

Titi

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 18:26, 02 November 22These are various screens grabbed from documentaries and other TV programmes from the late eighties and early nineties using the Rombo VIdi DIgitiser (VIDI) peripheral. One or two of these screens have featured in previous videos and in fact two of them are not actually VIDI grabs - can you guess which ones?
The soundtrack is provided by free "Futuristic" SFX from YouTube.

Best when viewed on a large screen.

Link:
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/VIDI_digitizer#Manual

Not emulated - original hardware and software.
Please note that  the aspect ratio for this YouTube video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor
has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.
I think RAVEN1 and TOWN are not actually VIDI grabs : )

ComSoft6128

Camlogo and Raven1 are Advanced Art Studio product but you are right in noticing something different about Town - I think it originally came from VIDI PCW :)

Titi

I thought Raven1 and town were advanced Art Studio product because they have the extension .PAL

ComSoft6128

Understood.
Town has a palette file because when it is loaded the inks are reversed giving a negative image. 
So for the Town file I saved a .pal file but it wasn't essential, I could have reversed the inks using the VIDI software.

Titi

Ok, I understand better

ComSoft6128

Dsk file for the screens in the above video.