News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gazza II on eBay "reproduction"

Started by tjohnson, 00:52, 18 November 22

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnson

I saw this on eBay (nothing to do with me) it's a shame the thing is a fake / reproduction, I wonder if the genuine version of gazza 2 for gx4000 will ever be found.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304699827603?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=XZeBv3wpRt-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=t4cxLOguSm6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

TotO

It looks that eBay no more allows to signal counterfact products...
Probably because to much on eBay allowing them to won a lot of money.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tjohnson

Quote from: TotO on 11:22, 18 November 22It looks that eBay no more allows to signal counterfact products...
There is one thing selling a reproduction but charging £150 is outrageous!

TotO

Quote from: tjohnson on 13:15, 18 November 22There is one thing selling a reproduction but charging £150 is outrageous!
Sure. It can signaled as abusive price, because the goal is to be confounded as an original.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ComSoft6128

Mmm,

"MINT condition and working. - Tested on my own GX4000 System which I look after and maintain."

Disc version transferred to cart?

eto

That he asks for 150€ is definitely crazy but at least this guy is completely transparent that it's a reproduction. And in general, even reproductions could have a collectors value. 

Whoever buys this and read the description is totally aware what he gets. 

eto

eto

Quote from: TotO on 11:22, 18 November 22It looks that eBay no more allows to signal counterfact products...
still possible. There is a link "report this item" on the right side of the screen, next to the shipping options tab.

TotO

Quote from: eto on 14:34, 18 November 22still possible. There is a link "report this item" on the right side of the screen, next to the shipping options tab.
But, you can no longer provide this reason.

tjohnson

I don't especially have an issue if someone is transparent about creating and selling a reproduction but the price seems to be excessively high and the sort of price for a very rare genuine game.

ComSoft6128

I remember seeing what I thought were bootleg carts in the early nineties, maybe this is one?

GUNHED

So... will somebody buy it and kindly donate a CPR version?
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

dthrone

Quote from: GUNHED on 16:16, 19 November 22So... will somebody buy it and kindly donate a CPR version?
I messaged them on ebay 2 days ago asking to confirm exactly what is on the ROM or provide some screenshots but no reply... :-X

tjohnson

It will probably be a cart conversion of the standard gazza 2 game, there is a CPR available to download on this site "Converted by Phantomz Original Disk Version"

dthrone

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:53, 19 November 22It will probably be a cart conversion of the standard gazza 2 game, there is a CPR available to download on this site "Converted by Phantomz Original Disk Version"
Exactly what I suspect...

tjohnson

This article here suggests the game never made it to shelves and there are no known copies of the game in existence.

https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/2020/10/gazza-2/

00WReX

This is actually super easy to do, especially with the amount of cpr conversions that have been done.

During lockdown, I was messing around with making my own cartridges, and doing some artwork (box insert, cartridge label, instruction booklet).

All for my personal use, I never sold a thing.

The one on eBay, I'm 99% certain, will be the 'Phantomz' cpr conversion.

£150 is ridiculous...If someone pays that, I might have to go into production myself  ;D
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

dthrone

Quote from: 00WReX on 00:17, 20 November 22During lockdown, I was messing around with making my own cartridges, and doing some artwork (box insert, cartridge label, instruction booklet).

You don't happen to have a template for the instruction booklet format do you? ;D

dthrone

Quote from: dthrone on 18:45, 19 November 22
Quote from: GUNHED on 16:16, 19 November 22So... will somebody buy it and kindly donate a CPR version?
I messaged them on ebay 2 days ago asking to confirm exactly what is on the ROM or provide some screenshots but no reply... :-X

The seller has got back and confirmed it is the regular CPC version.  They've also uploaded some screenshots to the ebay listing.

00WReX

Quote from: dthrone on 01:17, 20 November 22
Quote from: 00WReX on 00:17, 20 November 22During lockdown, I was messing around with making my own cartridges, and doing some artwork (box insert, cartridge label, instruction booklet).

You don't happen to have a template for the instruction booklet format do you? ;D

No real template...
Here is an example of a game I did.
Cart label, box inlay, instruction sheet.
Cart label
box  inlay
Instruction
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

TotO

Anyway, like many GX4000 game into the past, it will be the CPC version in ROM.
At the opposite of Jesus SCI, this auction is for a copy, not an original game.

If you are looking for any unreleased game for 150£ each (or more), just ask me, I will do.  :-*

tjohnson

It's a real shame it's not the unreleased genuine gazza 2 game.  If it was £30 I'd buy it for novelty value.  I  remember reading about gazza 2 in Amstrad action but never did see it in the shops, like most gx4000 games really as they were all difficult to find. 

WacKEDmaN

it looks like ebay has dropped buyers protection and replaced it with sellers protection...
i had an issue with a sale a month ago..and the only option was to return it for a refund... (i just wanted him to send the rest of the stuff i paid for!)
the old ways of putting in a dispute are gone..nowhere to be found....

ive seriously considered closing my account down due to this....way too many dodgy sellers on there...

eto

Quote from: WacKEDmaN on 09:27, 20 November 22the old ways of putting in a dispute are gone..nowhere to be found....

while in the "refund" mode, you can still find other ways to resolve an issue. I recently bought something, got the wrong version, opened the case and after 2 emails the seller suggested to replace the wrong part. I received the right part a few days later, then closed the case - everybody happy. 

eto

Quote from: TotO on 16:47, 18 November 22But, you can no longer provide this reason.
I still find "bootleg" as a reason and that it's no legal copy.

But honestly, I would not report this one. No business is harmed any longer - and while I think it's not worth it, somebody else might think differently as it might be worth to collect a bootleg too.