News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hi all! repair tech from Bristol!

Started by Rygo, 11:23, 22 November 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rygo

Hey everyone! I am a repair tech from Bristol who has been handed the privilage of trying to repair someones childhood CPC464.

All of this is new too me as im usually working on iPhones and laptops but i must say soldering on a board like this is a dream come true! much better than replacing MLC's on phones lol...

Anyway. Nice to meet you all :) hopefully you guys can help out and I can return the favour in the future!

Bryce

Hi Rygo,
        welcome. Do you have specific issues with the repair or are have you already found the answers you're looking for in the threads?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Welcome! The more CPCs staying alive, the better :)

How did you decide to take on this job? I wouldn't think many would...

Rygo

Quote from: Bryce on 16:27, 22 November 22Hi Rygo,
        welcome. Do you have specific issues with the repair or are have you already found the answers you're looking for in the threads?

Bryce.
Thanks :) I have blue screen on boot and nothing seems to change that. I have made a thread in the hardware section so will keep that thread updated as I work through the issues. 

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:34, 23 November 22Welcome! The more CPCs staying alive, the better :)

:laugh: Cos im a sucker for working on random tech. If it comes through the door and no one knows that it is then it lands on my desk. Plus what I learn on this one i may be able to help with something else in the future. 

eto

Quote from: Rygo on 12:42, 23 November 22If it comes through the door and no one knows that it is then it lands on my desk.
I could print that on my business cards...

Gryzor

Quote from: Rygo on 12:42, 23 November 22
Quote from: Bryce on 16:27, 22 November 22Hi Rygo,

Bryce.
Thanks :) I have blue screen on boot and nothing seems to change that. I have made a thread in the hardware section so will keep that thread updated as I work through the issues.

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:34, 23 November 22Welcome! The more CPCs staying alive, the better :)

:laugh: Cos im a sucker for working on random tech. If it comes through the door and no one knows that it is then it lands on my desk. Plus what I learn on this one i may be able to help with something else in the future.
Good man 😀

Interrupt

I'm based in Gloucestershire. Have you heard about the arcade and retro museum in Chalford (just outside Stroud?) connected to The RMC YouTube channel.