News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad locations map

Started by Fran123, 18:11, 21 December 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Fran123 on 20:51, 22 December 22New URL to introduce data: http://pocholi.ddns.net/amstradmap/new.html

See the map:  http://pocholi.ddns.net/amstradmap/map.html

Any issue, please tell me, thanks.
Did you turn your server off? Can't connect.. 

Squeekboxandj

Nice map!

Can it be pinned somewhere so that's it's always available and won't get lost?
CPC464 & 6128

VincentGR

I still cannot load the links.

Fran123

Quote from: VincentGR on 21:21, 22 December 22I still cannot load the links.
insert :9876 after the host

Gryzor

CraigsBar

Looks like I am the only CPC owner in Ireland. That can't be right!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

VincentGR

Where am I?

;D

EDIT:
I'm in the ocean...

EDIT 2:
Re entered but my nick is not displayed.

Fran123

Some data were lost  :picard: while I was migating data from google forms to the server database,
so it's possible you nick doesn't appear, but you can add again

Fran123

I would say that it is already stable, it just needs to be put to good use.

It seems that the day with the flu served for something...

Richard_Lloyd

This is so good! Hmmm, there's not many Brits...........
Richard
CPC464, CPC6128, PCW8512, PCW10, BSA & NSP

Gryzor

Connection still times out for me... 😐

Fran123

VincentGR

Ok, I'm still in the ocean and my real position in Greece/Pireaus has a different nikcname  ;D

Gryzor

Quote from: Fran123 on 09:18, 23 December 22
Quote from: Gryzor on 05:14, 23 December 22Connection still times out for me... 😐
http://pocholi.ddns.net:9876/amstradmap/map.html

Still can't connect?
Yessss I can see it now!

@VincentGR can't see any pin in the sea around Greece.

VincentGR

Gryzor

Oh -hahaha, how's the weather over there mate? :D

I thought it had you in the sea near the actual location!

This reminded me of that one time I was trying to convince PowerBI to give me a map of our client list, and it got it mostly correct except that there were quite a few customers in the Peruvian Andes :D

pelrun

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:27, 23 December 22Yessss I can see it now!

The problem is that even though the text of the original links has the :9876 showing, the *actual* link has them missing. One more SMF quirk :D

Gryzor

pelrun

Couple of minor suggestions:

Get rid of the entries with blank nicknames, and don't let them be entered on the update page.

And do a bit of validation on the lat/long values before storing them - Tom et Jerry's entry is invalid and throws an error in the js console, stopping any entries after it from being displayed... :laugh:

Fran123

Quote from: pelrun on 14:12, 23 December 22Couple of minor suggestions:

Get rid of the entries with blank nicknames, and don't let them be entered on the update page.

And do a bit of validation on the lat/long values before storing them - Tom et Jerry's entry is invalid and throws an error in the js console, stopping any entries after it from being displayed... :laugh:
Thank you

I have to validate the coordinates, I realized later, but it's solved.

I think the nickname must be optional, there may be users who do not want to say which equipment they have.
That people can contribute to the map. In case the nickname were mandatory they could fill any word.
The target is a cpc map, not users.

pelrun

Except you use the nickname as a key for updating entries. Can't do that unless it's unique. And there's no way to manage duplicates.

Instead you could include a checkbox for "be anonymous". The nickname is still stored but it's replaced with '' when generating the map data.

ZbyniuR

I'ts look like half people are in Spain. :o
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Fran123

Quote from: pelrun on 15:10, 23 December 22Except you use the nickname as a key for updating entries. Can't do that unless it's unique. And there's no way to manage duplicates.

Instead you could include a checkbox for "be anonymous". The nickname is still stored but it's replaced with '' when generating the map data.
You are right. It is not possible two equal nicknames. I'm going to add a password for the purpose of avoid to other people modify the register, and a field "visible"

BSC

Could we rename this thread into "Learning to web-dev"?  ;)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.