News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PCW9512 3inch drive problems

Started by Iwo, 13:58, 31 December 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwo

Hello everyone this is my first post on here and i need a little help. The problem is with the 3inch floppy drive I replaced the belt because it was completely perished. When i try to boot something I hear the drive move and then there is 2 noises (something like a err err) this happens twice and stops for around 1second and does it again. Eventually after around 8-10 times the Amstrad beeps 3 times I dont know what too do now since I replaced the belt and no diffrence. Please help 

GeoffB17

Just how 'perished' was the old belt.   Did you make sure that ALL residue from the old belt was cleaned out, esp anything stuck to the motor pulley, and the larger surface at the other end, and that there were no bits anywhere else.   The sounds you're getting suggest that the drive is operating, it's trying to work, but is not able to read the disk correctly.

Do you see ANY of the lines appear down the screen?

Geoff

Iwo

The belt way completely destroyed to the point where it was breaking when I was touching it 

Iwo

Also is there a way I can post videos on here would be way easier

GeoffB17

People do post pictures, or they post links to YouTube, but I've not done the latter so I can't say further.

Geoff

Iwo

i will try to send a link to you tube would be good be right back

Iwo

Iwo