News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Abbey of Crime - La Abadia del Crimen (from:Converted GX4000 .cpr)

Started by dragon, 17:38, 10 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 06:53, 23 January 23
Quote from: dragon on 00:28, 23 January 23If we put it the default but left the normal pressing right?
Good idea, fast text by default, but remaining possible to switch to original speed. In that case, if possible, it would be interesting to use 'fire 2' to switch slow/fast rather than 'right/left'  ;)

Button 1 was  used to bypass It ...
I can't use the same button. Doing that cause the keynoard buffer don't  empty and It don't worrk.

Of course i can change paletetes and these things.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 12:40, 23 January 23
Quote from: iXien on 06:53, 23 January 23
Quote from: dragon on 00:28, 23 January 23If we put it the default but left the normal pressing right?
Good idea, fast text by default, but remaining possible to switch to original speed. In that case, if possible, it would be interesting to use 'fire 2' to switch slow/fast rather than 'right/left'  ;)

Button 1 was  used to bypass It ...
I can't use the same button. Doing that cause the keynoard buffer don't  empty and It don't worrk.

Of course i can change paletetes and these things.

Yes, button 1 is already used. But the idea is that Fire 2 has the two functions : one press, slowdown, second press, accelerate, etc...
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

dragon

But that don`t work. I mean.

Thats the code.

.salto7
;para acelerar o desalerar el pergamino 1
;aqui llega c
push af
push ix
push hl
push de

ld a,&4b
call &60dc
;cp  &4b;si pulsamos derecha aceleramos el pergamino
jr z,siguiente
;ld hl,&0001;mas rapido escribiendo letras
ld hl,&0190 ;50%speed
ld (&66e8),hl;letras normales
ld hl,&7530
ld (&6745),hl;retorno carro
ld hl,&05dc
ld (&6735),hl;espacio
ld hl,&7fff
ld (&6760),hl;pasar pagina
jr melargo
.siguiente
ld a,&4a
call &60dc
jr z,melargo
ld hl,&0320
ld de,&ea60
ld (&66e8),hl
ld (&6745),de
ld hl,&0bb8
ld de,&0000
ld (&6735),hl
ld (&6760),de
.melargo
pop de
pop hl
pop ix
pop af
ld  a,(ix+#00)
ret

if you used the same button and you change the code to do it with one button.

You press The button and the code recieves 4b.
And the game made a loop and when it arrives they continue send a "4b" sometime so it takes it as varius pressed.And it acelerate desacelerate alone and don't work.

i maybe take a look if i can revover q and r to the keyboard.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 16:43, 23 January 23But that don`t work. I mean.

Thats the code.

.salto7
;para acelerar o desalerar el pergamino 1
;aqui llega c
push af
push ix
push hl
push de

ld a,&4b
call &60dc
;cp  &4b;si pulsamos derecha aceleramos el pergamino
jr z,siguiente
;ld hl,&0001;mas rapido escribiendo letras
ld hl,&0190 ;50%speed
ld (&66e8),hl;letras normales
ld hl,&7530
ld (&6745),hl;retorno carro
ld hl,&05dc
ld (&6735),hl;espacio
ld hl,&7fff
ld (&6760),hl;pasar pagina
jr melargo
.siguiente
ld a,&4a
call &60dc
jr z,melargo
ld hl,&0320
ld de,&ea60
ld (&66e8),hl
ld (&6745),de
ld hl,&0bb8
ld de,&0000
ld (&6735),hl
ld (&6760),de
.melargo
pop de
pop hl
pop ix
pop af
ld  a,(ix+#00)
ret

if you used the same button and you change the code to do it with one button.

You press The button and the code recieves 4b.
And the game made a loop and when it arrives they continue send a "4b" sometime so it takes it as varius pressed.And it acelerate desacelerate alone and don't work.

i maybe take a look if i can revover q and r to the keyboard.

Oh, ok now I understand. No problem, it's perfect like this.

A very last thing, really a detail and I think it's easy. As I previously asked you, in the English translation they let S:N to select if you want to sleep or not. Now that the keys don't correspond anymore to the action, can you replace it by Y:N . It's the same number of characters and at least it will correspond to a "Yes" or "No" question. Can you do that in an ultimate 3.3 version ?  :P  
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

mahlemiut

Quote from: iXien on 22:10, 22 January 23
Quote from: mahlemiut on 21:48, 22 January 23
Quote from: TotO on 12:46, 22 January 23Nobody own a two buttons controller in 1987 on CPC. It was a bug.
I had a friend that had an Amstrad JY-1, that had two independent fire buttons, and I'm fairly that was around 1987 (or even earlier).
Sorry, but no :D . JY-1 had only 1 button. JY-2 had two buttons but cloned. I modified for my personal use two JY2 to offer them independant buttons and I even needed to replace the cables that only contain 8 wires to add the second button using 9 wire cables. But maybe your friend made the modification on a JY-2, nothing's impossible. Nevertheless, counting on 2 button joysticks in 1987 would have been a nonsense, particularly when your game just need 1 button to work. It's a bug due to a little mistake in an address ;)
Could have been a JY-2 then, I definitely remember the two independent fire buttons. I highly doubt it was modified.  (and maybe I have old man memory ;) )
- Barry Rodewald

iXien

Quote from: mahlemiut on 21:48, 23 January 23
Quote from: iXien on 22:10, 22 January 23
Quote from: mahlemiut on 21:48, 22 January 23
Quote from: TotO on 12:46, 22 January 23Nobody own a two buttons controller in 1987 on CPC. It was a bug.
I had a friend that had an Amstrad JY-1, that had two independent fire buttons, and I'm fairly that was around 1987 (or even earlier).
Sorry, but no :D . JY-1 had only 1 button. JY-2 had two buttons but cloned. I modified for my personal use two JY2 to offer them independant buttons and I even needed to replace the cables that only contain 8 wires to add the second button using 9 wire cables. But maybe your friend made the modification on a JY-2, nothing's impossible. Nevertheless, counting on 2 button joysticks in 1987 would have been a nonsense, particularly when your game just need 1 button to work. It's a bug due to a little mistake in an address ;)
Could have been a JY-2 then, I definitely remember the two independent fire buttons. I highly doubt it was modified.  (and maybe I have old man memory ;) )
No matter ;)

dragon

3.2 text patchement in button 2 and y:n english patched.

Test it well,as winape gets crazy yesterday with freezes.he solved after closed it and open.Just to be sure was the emulator.

I maybe try reenable the keys robbed to the keyboard,

dragon

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 13:54, 24 January 233.2 text patchement in button 2 and y:n english patched.
Well done, so smooth  8)

Quote from: dragon on 13:54, 24 January 23I maybe try reenable the keys robbed to the keyboard
If you mean reactivate controls that would permit to load/save and play using keyboard for standard CPC users, it would be nice, why not. But you changed lot of things in the load/save system compared to the original game isn't it?

Quote from: dragon on 15:29, 24 January 23uh error don't is 3.2 thats old  its 3.3 :doh:
That's things that can happen when guys ask you for multiple modifications in short time  :P

dragon

ohh its an authencic gibberish

As is made to work with nocart(1.9) i have occupied rom pages from &96 to &9f. (well 1 get free when i take out the loading scrren to convimg),

&96=128k tiles(&80-&FF)
&97=128k tiles (&00-&0a and 0b 7f)

pages 98 to &9B have "the patches"

98=0000-3fff 99=4000-7fff 9a=8000-&bfff=9b &c000-&FFFF

So, when i made a patch i compile it in her place. And then the loader located in &a0a0  read the four pages and moved the patches to the ram. (thats mean the gx4000 is patching the 64k version at fly! every time).

9c=have the final pergamine in spanish(that is broken and don't load in the 64k crack)+ the parth for speed
9d=have the toto or fano(i don't remember now), fdd code(except the varibles that are in ram) with the  code of the plus registers.
9e=have the english load image(in the old days when they don't load in the begining),
9f=the pergamine end in english+patch of the speed.

The loader of &a0a0 have 978 lines of code.(many commented due to constantly changes).
The asm that compile the patches for 98/9B that incluide patches to the graphics,interrupt subrutine,graphics subrutine,load save  code,snapshots ,map conexions 128k,alture map 128k english and so. 3390 lines of code.
another asm with room grafics  and cartridge loader 1178 code lines.

Apart of that the basic code.That i don't know now the exact number of lines,

8)

iXien

You seem to plan to continue updating the patch for a while. in the next release, can you make another little adjustment in the English version, please?

Directly from the beginning, we can read 'NONES' when there is no religious event in progress. But i'ts a mistake. the right word is 'NONE'. Even the instruction manual provided with the English version confirms the word 'NONE' : "When you first arrive, the clock starts at "Day 1, None". You have seven days to complete your investigation."

Can you fix it? We continuously see this mistake during the game and it's really irritating  :P 

dragon

Sure,well not sure if much updates to as you said incorporate keyboard can be very confusing.

Maybe is best compile it with keyboard on demand?.

i can change nona, and we  can test with two keys in the mirror if you want. And apart of bugs if any don't mucho to do.

I have dedicated some week to this, where my inital aproach was only make work the 128k :D.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 21:55, 24 January 23Sure,well not sure if much updates to as you said incorporate keyboard can be very confusing.

Maybe is best compile it with keyboard on demand?.
if you have to take the risk of breaking something, you might as well stop there  ;)

Quote from: dragon on 21:55, 24 January 23can change nona, and we  can test with two keys in the mirror if you want. And apart of bugs if any don't mucho to do.
Beware, I'm not talking about 'NONA' in Spanish, it's perfect like this. I'm talking about 'NONES' in English that needs to be changed to 'NONE'.

After that, if you reached the end and want to make me the happiest man of the world, I permit me to ask you once again if  you can create just two more CPR files in addition to the already existing ones. Two CPR for direct launch of the game with Plus features, one in Spanish, the other in English. I know you're not really fond of the idea, but it would be really nice for those who might want to run the game as standalone on a cartridge. Please, say yes 8)

dragon

I don't have any problem in make all custom version you want,updates never stop,we only stop because we found the game have all we want(you don´tt have more suggestion right?). just make sure all are aviable.

As i said i can made a version with full keyboard instead joystick  or something you want on demand.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 22:15, 24 January 23I don't have any problem in make all custom version you want,updates never stop,we only stop because we found the game have all we want(you don´tt have more suggestion right?). just make sure all are aviable.

As i said i can made a version with full keyboard instead joystick  or something you want on demand.
For my part, no more requests. Let's go !  8)

dragon

ok so 3.4 to test, i fixed nones,And now mirrror room open with now 2+right.

I have included a dsk(newdsk2) with saves to test test the mirror, if you prefer 2 alone please tell me. I don't have changed the text in latin of qr(change by that?).

Also includes cartridges alone. 

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 01:04, 25 January 23ok so 3.4 to test, i fixed nones,And now mirrror room open with now 2+right.

I have included a dsk(newdsk2) with saves to test test the mirror, if you prefer 2 alone please tell me. I don't have changed the text in latin of qr(change by that?).
Also includes cartridges alone.
So you made new changes about this question of mirror room :laugh: . The question is less the button or the key combination than how you discover it in the game.

I mean, imagine I never played the game and I didn't look at your manual. Now I play the game seriously, will I discover in this version during my investigations which button combination to use just like the original game shows me Q and R keys to press originally?

If a text in the game give me this information, then indeed it is interesting to propose a combination of buttons which will avoid being able to cross this room at any time until the game give us this clue (J1RT+J1B2).
But if you don't find how to give this information changing the ingame text, we'll keep the need to indicate this information in the manual and in this case, it's better to use a simple button (J1B2).

What do you think?

PS: I advice you not to make new separate CPR files until this new important gameplay element you decide to discuss is definitly stated

dragon

mmmm jaja sorry misunderstantidng the mirrror room question. :picard2:

The q and r comes from the word "quator" the first and the last letter.

from the text

SECRETUM FINIS AFRICAE, MANUS SUPRA AAA IDOLUM AGE PRIMUM ET
;  SEPTIMUM DE QUATUOR(Latin)

So if you changue the word quator the big cuestion is what put there?.

Or left that here as is and used the button 2. :laugh:

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 01:52, 25 January 23mmmm jaja sorry misunderstantidng the mirrror room question. :picard2:

from the text

So currently, in this version, the player is stuck in the mirror room because he cannot use the clue of the Latin sentence ('PRIMUM ET SEPTIMUM DE QUATUOR' = the first and the seventh of QuatuoR). And nothing indicates him what to do instead of pressing the Q and R keys  :'(

We are facing the problem I feared from the beginning. The original sentence is SECRETUM FINIS AFRICAE, MANUS SUPRA AAA IDOLUM AGE PRIMUM ET SEPTIMUM DE QUATUOR. It won't be very smart but I advice you to replace it by :

Spanish version : PRESIONA DERECHA Y EL BOTON 1 DE FRENTE AL ESPEJO PARA ABRIR TU CAMINO
English version : PRESS RIGHT AND BUTTON 1 FACING THE MIRROR IN THE LIBRARY TO OPEN YOUR PATH

Thes sentences use less characters, it's easy to make the replacement. What do you think?

PS : I indicate button 1 because if I remember well you inverted the buttons and now button 2 opens the load/save system. Take care not to make a mistake :picard: .

iXien

@dragon , I was tired and made a mistake :picard: . The mirror isn't in the library so here are the definitive text that most closely matches the original latine sentence length (80 characters) :

Spanish version : PRESIONA DERECHA Y EL BOTON 1 DE FRENTE AL ESPEJO PARA ABRIR TU CAMINO
English version : PRESS RIGHT AND BUTTON 1 FACING THE MIRROR TO OPEN YOUR PATH TO KNOWLEDGE

TotO

Try to keep the text as an enigma... Something like:
- "follow your right way and your action will be its reflect"
- "follow the right way and the action to face your reflection"
- "keep your action on the right way of your reflection"
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dragon

The text was formed by words exactly.

https://github.com/Nicholas-Campbell/TheAbbeyOfCrime/blob/master/asm/game_text_en.asm

Words represents by numbers thats represent Word from the dictionaty.

Maybe 2974332 ?

SECRETUM FINIS AFRICAE, MANUS SUPRA AAA IDOLUM AGE PRIMUM ET SEPTIMUM DE  2974332 laugh:

RockRiver

Quote from: dragon on 01:52, 25 January 23mmmm jaja sorry misunderstantidng the mirrror room question. :picard2:

from the text

Yes for me left+button2 : the extrems of the word=the extrems of the controls
QUATOUR
QAOPAB primum and sextum :o
Q(Left)AOPAB(buttonB)

But original  Abadia not OPQA controls... cursors !!!
Then ... "control" translate... google translator gives me in latin CONTROL=IMPERIUM  cool!!!

"manejo""handling"= INCESSUS or CONTRECTATIO ha ha ha

iXien

Okay @dragon , seriously, I think the second proposal from @TotO is very interesting :

English : FOLLOW THE RIGHT WAY AND THE ACTION TO FACE YOUR REFLECTION
Spanish : SIGUE TU CAMINO HACIA LA DERECHA Y LA ACCIÓN PARA ENFRENTAR TU REFLEJO

with this sentence, we give a interesting clue to the player that will search what to do with his joypad  ;)

TotO

Quote from: iXien on 12:57, 25 January 23with this sentence, we give a interesting clue to the player that will search what to do with his joypad
I agree.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)