News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys, currently experiencing some technical issues with the forum system that I'm trying to trace. If you notice anything weird, do let me know... 

Thanks!

Gryzor

So, some of you may have seen the downtime we experienced today. I apologise for that. Server was throwing a 500 error, the most unhelpful error of them all, and I couldn't diagnose remotely.

Tried a couple of quick fixes; when these didn't work it was evident it would take a longer time than I'd like to fix the whole thing, so I did a clean install of sorts. You'll notice some functionality is gone, it'll be restored gradually in the next days.

VincentGR

Well, I get 2 email notifications about posts for some time now.
I don't care, just for you to know.

Gryzor

That's... interesting. If you could forward me such a pair it works be great.

Anyone else getting double emails? 

roudoudou

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:30, 13 March 23So, some of you may have seen the downtime we experienced today. I apologise for that. Server was throwing a 500 error, the most unhelpful error of them all, and I couldn't diagnose remotely.

Tried a couple of quick fixed; when these didn't work it was evident it would take a longer time than I'd like to fix the whole thing, so I did a clean install of sorts. You'll notice some functionality is gone, it'll be restored gradually in the next days.
the fix was quick, thanks for being fast 8)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

VincentGR

I also answered to another thread 10mins ago for the first time.
I received an email with the previous answer before my post  :-X

Gryzor

@roudoudou this time I decided to drop the axe pretty quick instead of troubleshooting for days, during which the forum would work with some things broken!

@VincentGR ah ok that's a different thing. You mean you get notifications for each post. I know, it's a weird scheme. Either a bug or a setting I've yet to find... 

Carnivius

Does the forum look different or am I just imagining things? :O
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

VincentGR

Quote from: Carnivius on 18:57, 13 March 23Does the forum look different or am I just imagining things? :O
You're not.

Both cases, double emails and the last one for the first time today.

Gryzor

Quote from: Carnivius on 18:57, 13 March 23Does the forum look different or am I just imagining things? :O
Some styles were indeed wiped. I think colors are lighter now? 

Gryzor

Also, colors alternate between posts. I don't think that was there, at least on mobile. 

VincentGR

Yeap, some colors, emojis and mentions are yellow now.

Gryzor

Mentions are yellow?
Emojis were always yellow? 

VincentGR

Mentions when email redirects you.
Emojis are lighter, I think...

Carnivius

Ah, ok. It doesn't look bad to me at all.  I just came here and thought "hmmmm... something seems changed" :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

VincentGR

Gryzor

Quote from: VincentGR on 19:07, 13 March 23This:
Ah ok that's highlighting the post in question. Neat!! 

Gryzor

Quote from: Carnivius on 19:06, 13 March 23Ah, ok. It doesn't look bad to me at all.  I just came here and thought "hmmmm... something seems changed" :)
I think I can make it CPC magenta and blue😄

VincentGR

Magenta and grey, look here

<-----

Gryzor

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:20, 13 March 23"here"?
I think VincentGR pointing to their avatar. :)

VincentGR

Gryzor

Well yeah, I'm on mobile so he was pointing to the edge of my screen😄

Gryzor

Oh yes that combo is great, but it'd be too dark full screen. 

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:25, 13 March 23Well yeah, I'm on mobile so he was pointing to the edge of my screen😄
Then you have to fix that too  ;D