News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Renegade Reloaded

Started by Geco, 21:25, 17 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Geco

New features has been added to the best Renegade version, which i think was even better than the Arcade version.

Scrolling has been added based on the Enterprise version, just i could not use the 4 pixel hardware scrolling, therefore the game is a bit slower during scrolling, but runs on the same speed if there is no screen scrolling.

Added extra player actions:
Run - press twice left/right
Run + jump kick - press middle and left/right fire button when the player runs (Z+X or X+C)
Run + kick - press the opposite fire button of the running direction
Run + punch - press the same fire button of the running direction

Controls:
Pause/Exit: ESC
Up: cursor up,joy up
Down: cursor down, joy down
Left: cursor left, joy left
Right: cursor right, joy right
Left Fire: Z, F0
Middle fire: X, F.
Right fire: C, Enter

Extra:
F1: punch/kick in row
F2: invulnerability
F3: infinite time
F5: infinite lives
F6: Red blood
F7: change left player sprite on start screen
F8: change right player sprite on start screen

Big thanks to @TotO for the great new graphics for added movements and for the idea to implement it, and for great help testing the Enterprise version few years ago, and now the CPC version :)

Geco

Renegade.zip in 1st post has been changed, the loader did not print "128 KB RAM REQUIRED !!!" text if the program was loaded on a CPC664 / CPC464, it print several 1, because i put the label to wrong place, and only the 1st character was printed 24 times, now it has been corrected.

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Skunkfish

One of the best CPC games is now even better! Amazing!  :o
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

CyrilAmstrad

Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

ervin

Absolutely brilliant!
And it makes an excellent game even better.

Anthony Flack

The scrolling is great, but sadly I am getting bugs on my 6128...

You can attack enemies from any distance.

Motorbikes don't harm you.

Also the controls seem to be:
F0 - left attack
F period - jump
F1+F2+F3 all together - right attack.

I wonder if the charge attack might make the game too easy, but hard to tell when you can hit people from any distance.

TotO

I think you have activated the punch/kick in row by pressing F1.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Anthony Flack

Oh is that a feature? I might have accidentally, during the working out of buttons. Let me reboot and try again. But F1+F2+F3 for right attack?

ukmarkh

Unbelievable! Highly playable, don't think I will ever go back. 

Anthony Flack

I guess I must be turning on the F1/F2 etc. in-game when trying to do right attack. But F1+F2+F3 can't be right anyway.

OH I see I missed the part of the original post that said that attack buttons had been moved to ZXC. 

Anthony Flack

And having RTFM now (in my defence, the CPC is at the other end of the house from the internet) the charge attacks definitely feel like an enhancement to the combat without removing the challenge.

XeNoMoRPH

thx Geco and TotO for this awesome version !!! :o :o :o

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

cosa_nostra-6128

Incredible, excellent and marvelous

TotO

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 07:07, 18 March 23thx Geco and TotO for this awesome version !!! :o :o :o
I think you have activated all the cheating features into your video and have not read about the new moves include into the game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

@XeNoMoRPH This video with activated cheats do not deserve the work done by @Geco, because people though the updated version with scrolling is bugged, like a poor hack. Last, it does not show the new attacks added to the gameplay.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: TotO on 09:28, 18 March 23@XeNoMoRPH This video with activated cheats do not deserve the work done by @Geco, because people though the updated version with scrolling is bugged, like a poor hack. Last, it does not show the new attacks added to the gameplay.
Sorry, I've tried to make all the moves... 😞😞😞, ..... I apologize, I have always liked pokes

sigh

Fantastic work!

I think that there are just 2 things missing to make this the definitive version:

1) Having the boss in the background watching like in the arcade.

2) If you could get the throw in the game, that would be fantastic. You could probably reuse existing sprite poses to make this work, for example:

1) Use Renegade hit reaction pose (the one when his back is facing you) and have it face the opposite direction of the enemy. Have the pose of the legs of the knee strike attach to it.
2) Use Renegade back kick torso pose or his ground attack torso pose for the final throw frame and use Big Bertha's running leg pose and attached that to one of the above torsos.

I don't have the sprite sheets, but you could definitely get the correct existing torsos to work with existing leg sets to get some decent poses.
The boss in the background would probably need a whole need sprite.

TotO

@sigh Imagine that was not possible for any reasons, else it will be. :)

XeNoMoRPH

TotO

trocoloco

Really nice. Thanks for the great work and time dedicated to achieve such wonderful new features.

lmimmfn

Quote from: Geco on 21:25, 17 March 23New features has been added to the best Renegade version, which i think was even better than the Arcade version.

Scrolling has been added based on the Enterprise version, just i could not use the 4 pixel hardware scrolling, therefore the game is a bit slower during scrolling, but runs on the same speed if there is no screen scrolling.

Run + jump kick - press middle and left/right fire button when the player runs (Z+X or X+C)

Controls:

Extra:

Big thanks to @TotO for the great new graphics for added movements and for the idea to implement it, and for great help testing the Enterprise version few years ago, and now the CPC version :)
Curious why you couldn't use hardware scrolling? Doesn't take away from the massive achievement and looking amazing, just curious.
6128 for the win!!!

roudoudou

Quote from: lmimmfn on 02:55, 21 March 23
Quote from: Geco on 21:25, 17 March 23New features has been added to the best Renegade version, which i think was even better than the Arcade version.

Controls:

Extra:

Curious why you couldn't use hardware scrolling? Doesn't take away from the massive achievement and looking amazing, just curious.
you have to be precisely synchronised every frames
since the game is not 50fps, since there was "many" potential CPU lost, a software scroll makes sense

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

lmimmfn

Quote from: roudoudou on 08:44, 21 March 23
Quote from: lmimmfn on 02:55, 21 March 23

Controls:

Extra:

you have to be precisely synchronised every frames
since the game is not 50fps, since there was "many" potential CPU lost, a software scroll makes sense

Ahh, makes sense, thanks
6128 for the win!!!